• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oh ****, Mandy no please no.... - U/D She is gone.

Snooba

Warren Scout
I woke up this Morning to find Mandy acting weird in her cage, I let her out at 6 am as everyday, and as soon as she got out, she started running in circles around her care, very agitated.
Now she can barely walk, she is very wobbly, her pooing has stopped dry and she is barely eating. I am giving her water through a syringe, gave her metacam for any pain.

Called my vet, said it could be heart related, and now I am just plain devastated. I haven't stopped crying for 3 hours now. We have a vet appointment for tomorrow 11am, just here hoping that she gets to tomorrow alive.

Damn it.... :cry:

Last edited:
It could be a variety of things. Is there anyway she could see a good vet tonight?

*squishes tight* I hope she keeps fighting.

It could be a variety of things. Is there anyway she could see a good vet tonight?

*squishes tight* I hope she keeps fighting.

This one is the good vet. She is also trying to track down the radiographer, as he might be on vacation.
It's amazing that after having won so many fights with her, we come to this. I am not going to give up on her till the last, but I was hoping the last would come 4/6 years from now, and now while she is so young :(

She was furiously eating some hay and some greens. Made 3 big pools of pee, but no poops whatsoever, which is to be expected from her, as any stress makes her jump into stasis.
She is still very weak, can't keep her head up for long, and walking is quite complicated for her now, but the fact that she is eating at least gives me a bit of hope.

I've been thinking though, for being a heart condition, her breathing is very normal now, so I really hope its not that.

This is going to be one rough night for the both of us.

And many thanks for the vibes, they are so much needed :)

Leaving now for an emergency vet, she started with convulsions and now she has a massive wry neck.
Could EC have snuck upon me?

Well, things went bad. Who knows what caused the convulsions, but it severely affected her brain. She lost sensitivity in all extremities, her eyes didn't react to light, etc.
I had to make the horrible decision to put her to sleep. I already buried her in an old neighbor's backyard.

And so, here I am, crying myself apart, typing this, and missing her terribly already.

Take care people.

I'm sorry to hear that Mandy had to be helped across the Bridge. It's never an easy decision and always more difficult when it comes on so suddenly.
Hugs to you. ((((((Hugs))))))) Binky free, Mandy.

I am so sorry that you lost her. It is devastating to loose a pet that suddenly. I had a bunny Chrissy die suddenly from a seizure. It was violent but very quick. That was 8 years ago and still haunts me. Binky free little one.

Back