• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

e.caniculi - Binky Free Beautifull

Oh no! I'm so sorry she isn't doing so well :cry: You know your bun best. Have you been back to the vet?
Malteser seems a little quiet today after his acupuncture - one was hard to remove, the needle had "corkscrewed". I was told this is usually what horses do :shock: He feels nice and stocky up top but his bum is sooo boney! I'm hoping more exercise will build him up. I'm going to do some physio as written on this site http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/tilt_therapy.html I think he is stable enough to cope with the tilting. He is living in a hutch now - the first night I was up 3 times in the night checking on him - he was fine every time of course!

I spoke to my vet about the head shaking and she isn't worried about it. I told her how I'm paranoid that every little thing is permanent nerve damage! She was lovely again and whilst Malteser had his treatment he was in a trance, she didn't stop stroking him the whole time :love: She had a college student with her too and he fell in love! I got a special bun - I don't know what I'd do if he takes a sudden turn for the worse as I've seen many a story that does. I don't know where the point is that I can stop worrying about him.

I keep thinking of Lola and have told my other half about her. I send some vibes that she is just having an off day and that tomorrow she's a little better

Had no choice but to rush Lola to the vets this morning, she really was slipping away, she couldnt lift her head or move, had to do what was best for her.

Binky free my little girl.

Sorry I missed this thread before, and I'm so sorry you lost her. :cry: It sounds as if maybe there could have been some cancer involvement as well as the EC - if EC had been causing all her symptoms, as you say, you'd expect improvement by week 6. Or maybe the cancer was stopping her body from responding to the EC treatment? :? You did everything you could for her and tried your best but in the end when she deteriorated it was the kindest thing to let her go.

Binky free little bun. :cry:

I m so sorry :cry: Having read through the whole thread it's obvious you did everything you could for her. xx

Binky free Lola x

:cry: I am so very sorry. I too have just read the whole thread and you did everything possible to try to get her better. Thinking of you.

Sleep tight Lola.

I am so sorry, I have been reading your thread and hoping for a positive outcome. I have never had to deal with this awful disease so felt inadequate to post about it before.

RIP LOLA XXX

Thanks all for your kind words, i just feel so numb, totally drained today. I dont know what eventualy got her but she had nothing left to give to carry on the fight.

I'm so very sorry :cry: you couldn't have done more for Lola! I have just read the whole thread what an emotional stressful time you have had, but your love and dedication to Lola was amazing, I am truely sorry she didnt make it. Binky free Lola x

So sorry Vicki. Sounds like you did everything you could for Lola, she was a very lucky bun to have a mum that cared so much!

Sleep tight Lola xx

Vicki
I am so very sorry you have lost Lola. You have clearly worked so hard to fight her corner but it seems like nature took the lead here and took her to The Bridge.

I hope you can take comfort knowing that you have done everything possible to get Lola well, many people would have given up. Lola made the decision for you really.

Rest easy at The Bridge Lola

My thoughts are with you Vicki, I know how hard it is to fight and lose too

Ruth xxx

Oh this is so sad. Sleep tight little one.

You definately did try your best with her and she also tried her best to fight through this. She was a true star of a bunny. Yet another beautiful bunny angel at the bridge.

Back