• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few photos of my bonding so far! Day 6 update - moved to dining room

DSCF2341.jpg

before introduction

DSCF2342.jpg

very chilled out Pebbles and Bugsy

DSCF2344.jpg

Bugsy and Pebbles laying together

Most recent Bugsy and Poppy snuggled together
DSCF2348.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thats brilliant . Lovely photos. Wish I could find my camera then I could show everyone how its going this end. How do you actually put photos up on here?

I upload them to photobucket, then copy and paste the image code across. Took me a while as I'd forgotten my photobucket password and user name:lol: 2 days in and slowly making progress.

Thanks! A few more....

A couple showing just how laid back Pebbles is - with Poppy sitting on him

DSCF2353.jpg

DSCF2352.jpg

And Bugsy and Poppy snuggled up

DSCF2349.jpg

until Chloe back her bum in between the pair!! Poppy didn't even notice

DSCF2350.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

Then Poppy has a scratch, Bugsy realises that Chloe is in front and Poppy behind, and he quickly turns round and starts "digging" at Poppy, so she runs away :roll:

But, I think we are still making progress!

Beautiful buns! And wonderful to see the progress so far! Thanks for the update (I know I will be coming back to look at these when I start bonding mine ;) )
x

Thanks - they are lovely ( but then I am biased I would think a pot bellied pig was lovely if I had one :lol:)

But I warn you .... it is exhausting..but worth it! Chloe is no longer being aggressive to Poppy, and eating hay alongside her - until Poppy suddenly remembers and runs away. But she isn't running away as fast as she used to!

Yippee! Poppy was squidged between Bugsy and the cardboard wall, and Chloe went up to her from behind (don't think Poppy knew it was Chloe) and Chloe actually started grooming Poppy's head, then back, then started nudging whilst grooming..then Poppy realised it was Chloe and ran away!

Aah I think it is lovely what you are doing. Where will they be living once they are bonded? Have you had any major fights or has it just be nips here and there?

It's going to take a few stages, but they will be staying in the pen, and I'll slowly expand it until it as big as I can make it, or as big as I can get it in the living room. During this time I'll be laminating the dining room and nutralising the cupboards and table and removing the chairs (this was Pebbles & poppies area for last two weeks). This is about 9ft by 9ft, and sectioned off from living room with perspex sheet. Whilst they are in there, I will be laminating the kitchen ( and hall depending on how well it goes!) and neutralizing kitchen as this was where Bugsy and Chloe had been last two weeks. Over the winter/spring, I will be clearing out the outside walk in run, which had been previously split in two (both pair had 4ft by 13ft) and I will have to fill in Poppies network of burrows ( not sure how far they extend!) and then pave the whole run with paving slabs, They can then go out in late spring.

Here is latest picture - Chloe and Poppy now happy to lay down together!!!

DSCF2356.jpg

Hopefully, they will have the living room, dining room, kitchen and hall to free-range in during the winter. I'm going to fence of the tv and pc in the living room, and neutralise every thing in there to be on the safe side, as I hve had them all in the living room at some point to groom them and play with them in their pairs on the settee.

So far I haven't had any real fights, just a lot of nipping and fur pulling. Pebbles has taken the brunt of it, and he has a few patches of fur missing - only noticeable when blowing on his fur.

I've really enjoyed having them in the kitchen today and inbetween the scuffles they have been so relaxed and stretched out on the kitchen floor. It seems a shame to put them back outside in the garden again. Its blowing a gale out there tonight. So glad they're in here with me!! They have all got such lovely little personalities. I am seriously thinking about clearing out the summer house for them. They were in there last winter. There is an air vent on one of the walls. If I could knock the vent out I could put a cat flap over it and then fence them off abit of garden by the summer house instead. Then I could see them from the kitchen window. My neighbour has already put lino in the bike shed.... but a woman is allowed to change her mind!! :lol:
Do your family not mind the rabbits living inside all winter?

My family is me and my two boys!! And they adore the bunnies. I always bring my rabbits in over winter as I like them to have loads of attention, and they wouldn't get that if they were outside, as I hate going out in the cold, wet miserable evenings.

So now 3 days are gone, and things are still going extremely slowly but things are still going in the right direction! Poppy and pebbles are less scared of Chloe, and are no longer running away when she approaches. I think Chloe still doesn't know the best way to approach, but she is approaching much better than before, and not aggressive. I think she may want to groom, but her sudden nudging isn't helping:lol: But now Chloe doesn't go straight in and nudge now, and is starting to join in the group at feed times.

With Bugsy for support

DSCF2357.jpg

and without!

DSCF2359.jpg

and one extremely relaxed Bugsy!

DSCF2358.jpg

I am just glad that I have 3 very laid back bunnies, and hopefully they can teach Chloe how to be relaxed!

Update 9pm on Day 4 Chloe groomed poppy and Poppy didn't run away!

OMG! My heart was in my mouth and I think I stopped breathing! Tried to find my camera, but by the time I found it, Chloe had stopped and moved away! And Poppy has just started grooming Bugsy..... I'm sooo happy!

I'm so happy for you all!! It just takes time and ALOT of patience.:D Have you seen my photos yet? Couldnt get photobucket to work so used imageshack. Cant beleive Hazel is actually climbing over Jassy to get to the water and Jassy washed Hazels ear. :love:

will have a look! They are all still a bit jumpy though, one minute Bugsy is snuggled up next to Poppy or Pebbles, the next he is turning round and "digging" them, or making them run away. I think one more day and they should all be happy together.

So on day 3 I expanded their pen from five panels to 6 panels, and they have bonded really well over last 3 days, with lots of grooming from Bugsy to both Pebbles and Poppy, and also Chloe grooming Pebbles and Poppy. So I have spent all day laminating the dining room, and bought a sand pit for them to use as a digging box/litter tray.

This is how I intend them to have it:
DSCF2375.jpg

but for the time being I have penned off an area - gone from 6 panels to 8 panels.

DSCF2378.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

DSCF2377.jpg

To start with, they had a few scuffles, and had a good explore around. Bugsy is chasing pepples and Chloe is chasing Poppy, but hope they settle down quickly. Otherwise I will be getting my inflatable bed out again and sleeping beside them tonight!

Back