• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does changing pellets change bunnies poo colour?

Yeah, the size is bigger, it's just the colour is darker.

They look about as dark as A & B's 'grass poos' I would say - their 'hay poos' are usually anywhere between the lighter ones you posted and a golden brown. The 'grass poos' are usually a bit smaller than 'hay poos' as well.

Not that I, erm, study them really closely or anything. :oops:

I am now fighting the urge to go out with my torch and study this evening output. :oops: Do you think we might get into trouble for a thread in rabbit care discussion getting a bit gross and giggly?

They look about as dark as A & B's 'grass poos' I would say - their 'hay poos' are usually anywhere between the lighter ones you posted and a golden brown. The 'grass poos' are usually a bit smaller than 'hay poos' as well.

Not that I, erm, study them really closely or anything. :oops:

:lol: I can tell my boys poops apart - I think the vet thinks I'm odd :lol:

they look like good poos to me! My lot have poos like this on SS but you'll find if you squish them they'll probably be lovely and golden inside :mrgreen:

Readigrass makes my lot have black poos

they look like good poos to me! My lot have poos like this on SS but you'll find if you squish them they'll probably be lovely and golden inside :mrgreen:

Readigrass makes my lot have black poos

Spenser gets a handful of this daily, but he's a bit off it or I would have thought that might explain his dark poos. I lust after crumbly poos... :p

My ultimate test of vets or rabbity people is to start a chat about poops :mrgreen: if they don't love poops they can't love bunnies! The final straw with my last vets was that she didn't appreciate my poo samples. My vet now always has a good nose in the carriers at the poops :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I used to be able to ... now I can only do it if one drops out of a bunny bum while I'm nearby - then I can play match the poo. :lol::lol:

I love crumbly poos - especially those ones that just seem to disintegrate to dust when you pick them up. I'll get my coat. :oops:

:lol: My boys rarely oblige by pooping in the carrier!

These poops are crumbly and lighter inside. I think they're eating a few more brambles than normal at the moment - that might make a difference.

:lol: My boys rarely oblige by pooping in the carrier!

Alfie and Bubbles don't either. :roll: The last time we went to the vet, Alfie had a poo half hanging out (I think it was attached by hair to the one behind it :mrgreen:). It was there before we went and it was still there when we got back. 5 mins after getting home it was gone. :lol::lol:

Alfie and Bubbles don't either. :roll: The last time we went to the vet, Alfie had a poo half hanging out (I think it was attached by hair to the one behind it :mrgreen:). It was there before we went and it was still there when we got back. 5 mins after getting home it was gone. :lol::lol:

Spenser had a couple dangling from his rear like a second tail this afternoon. He'd been in his basin, and flopped into a very relaxed pose when he got out - the darkness on whit fur caught my eye and of course I had to investigate. :oops::lol:

Clover is the one who will always have one stuck in his fur when the vet check their bums :roll:

He is so much softer with his fur than the others, and there always seems to be just one stray poop that gets wedged in the fur....

:lol::lol::lol: The indignities our poor bunnies have to suffer. :lol:

I'll be taking poo pics today. ;)

Here are some of the offerings from yesterday afternoon/evening and overnight. All of them are a little lighter irl than they look on my screen but there are at least 3 different shades in there. :mrgreen:

DSCF1155.jpg

I don't think I want to post Spenser's now. :( Let's just say we have a long way to go with hay eating in this neck of the woods. :oops::roll:

Only on RU could we be calling poo beautiful and get away with it. :lol::lol::lol:

They're not always quite so golden but I got a different bale of meadow hay last week and they seem to be munching lots more.

Back