• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ruby and Oscar...u/d...poison.

I'm so very sorry Rubyted.:cry:

I'm also very angry that both the previous tennant & the landlord should fail to dispose of such a hazardous material as rat poison before re renting the house.
Thank goodness little Moose didn't find it!

May I warn others that there's also a type of rat poison marketed in sachets. The idea is that the rats take the sachet back to the nest. The nests are often under sheds, but the rat can be overtaken by the poison before they've got it underground.
There are times when it seems almost impossible to protect our buns these days. So often it's "There but for the grace of God go I".

Have finished reading all the 25 pages and I am at a loss of what to say :cry:
I thought this can not be the same Ali who lost poor Teddy and it is, I am so sorry that you seem to be having such awful luck but you are not a bad mummy! Anyone who has read your threads knows how much you love your buns!
It is not your fault, of cause you would not have let them near the shed had you known that terrible poison was there but you DIDNT KNOW so please try not to blame yourself.
I know no words will ever ease the pain you are feeling but please know that we are all here and all feeling the pain with you.
I am so sorry for your losses. Sleep tight Ruby and Oscar. xx

So sorry to hear about your lovely rabbits :(

From reading your threads, know how much you loved them and how well cared for they were. Please dont blame yourself - it was a tragic accident.

Thinking of you at this sad time x

I am so sorry. This is so sad but please don't blame yourself, as others have said it was just a tragic accident. x

I have only just seen this.
I am so sorry for your loss - what a really sad situation.
As others have said, it's not your fault xx
Hugs to you xx

Sleep tight Ruby and Oscar xxx

I'm so so very sorry, but it really wasn't something you could have known about.

I know it's no consulation but a least you now have answers on what happened to your babies :(

I don't know if you have or not but, I think you need to inform your landlord/letting agent what has happened, as it is their responsibility to ensure that their properties meet Health & Safety standards when they are let out, and this includes checking the entire perimetre - especially when children are involved. My take on this is if the bunnies were easily able to find the poison, so may have your little boy :(
Even though it can't change this terrible tragic event. Hopefully by bringing it to their attention they will be more vigilant with their pre letting checks in the future.

Oh ali i've only just got up to date. Am so sad to hear what you've been through. It wasn't your fault it was a tragic accident. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

I just feel so sad for you :(

Back