• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attack Bunny!

William

Wise Old Thumper
My yorkie Riley was doing something bad, so I yelled for her to stop. She was standing right next to my rabbit's cage and Ben immediately started lunging aggressively towards her. She slowly walked away (paying no attention to Ben) as he followed her, lunging at her through the bars. It was the most adorable thing to see my usually very sweet 3 lb nethie trying to boss around a dog at least twice his size :lol:

He's done this before when I yell at Riley and I think he has with my cat too. But I had thought that because it was dark he couldn't tell who Riley was and attacked because he thought she was an "intruder". It happened again later tonight. Its very weird because he's very affectionate and loves my dogs and cats and other rabbits and only is aggressive if I yell at an animal. He's fine with yelling, and everyone else can yell at the dogs and he doesn't do that. Its only if I yell at them. :? Its like he's trying to help me out or something. My dogs have done this before. They'll try to help out when the cats are being bad (which I don't allow them to do, its a bit different if a dog does it) but I've never heard of a rabbit behaving this way. Although I've always thought my buns are more like a cross between a cat and dog.

I'll have to make sure I never raise my voice when I've got him out around my dogs, though. I normally don't let them have contact with each other because I don't like them licking him. I think Riley would just run away from him if he attacked, but if he actually bit her... I don't know what she'd do.

Aww bless! It does sound like he was saying 'You heard Dad, now stop it!!'
You are right to be cautious though as like you say if he were to actually bite Riley she could very easily turn on him and that doesnt even bare thinking about. (shudders)

:lol: Yeah, he's such a smart and loyal bunny :love: But yeah, I'll really have to keep a closer eye on him if/when I let him in contact with Riley, in case he sees her doing something bad and decides to tell her off. I was so surprised he did that, he's very submissive and loves Riley. I wonder, do buns only think of other buns as alphas? I'm not sure how their hierarchy works. I mean, with dogs, the dog's pack is their human family and they think of their owner as alpha. In my family, I'm alpha to the dogs. Does Ben think of me as alpha? He's not yet with my other 2 buns, I'll be bonding them in a couple weeks, so I'm the only other 'bunny' to him :?

Back