• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building my own hutch

I'm very impressed with it all. This is why I want to marry a carpenter :lol: So I can make him make me stuff.

Wow, that's a beautiful piece of craftmanship! Soooo much better than their old one! :D

Are the boys littertrained? Are they chewers? Maybe you could line the floor with a fleece blanket (my boys love that) for now. You'll need straw in winter though to keep them warm.

What's happening with the run now? Are you going to make a cover for it? It'd be lovely if they could freerange all day.

Wow, that's a beautiful piece of craftmanship! Soooo much better than their old one! :D

Are the boys littertrained? Are they chewers? Maybe you could line the floor with a fleece blanket (my boys love that) for now. You'll need straw in winter though to keep them warm.

What's happening with the run now? Are you going to make a cover for it? It'd be lovely if they could freerange all day.

They are not fully litter trained, half of the mess is in the trays so we are not sure if one is using the trays & the other not.

They have chewed quite a bit of there old hutch so I have put plastic angle strips on all the vulnerable corners, if they start chewing the unprotected corners I will also cover them, we have put quite a few things in for them to hopefully chew instead.

We bought a few cheap blankets for them yesterday afternoon to put in there bedrooms, they have had a good scrat at them already, I Don't think they will last very long.

They don't seem to be going into there bedrooms much anyway, there favorite spot seems to be the small area hidden away on top of the bottom bedroom where the tunnels go.

Hopefully later this week we will be making a mesh roof with a steel frame to mach the sides, we bought the mesh a few weeks ago so if we go out we put that mesh on as a temporary measure so they can stay out.

Back