• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Your rabbit hutch is too big'

How can it be too big? The bigger the better, right? TBH Smudge has a really small hutch but she gets free range of our spare room during the day. I think your set up is lovely

I totally agree- the bigger the better.:)-sue:wave:

Mai all your friend has done by making that comment is reveal her own ignorance! I hope she didn't upset you, I think it's a lovely hutch and your buns always look so happy and healthy in their photos :)

PS if you don't feel up to making a ramp at the minute but want them to have an easier climb down, you could just put a box there to act as a step. :)

.. they had a ramp, but the kept falling off it. And there used to be a box there, but they kept moveing it, i have tried serveral things, but the just move it. :roll: They are happy with it like that at the minite, obviosly, when they get older. It will be modified, well. Thats if the hutch lasts that long, they just eat it! Its so chewed :lol:

I bought the hutch, and added the floor :)

Can you put something inside like bicks of the box so it doesn't move?
Honey hurt her leg jumping off a ramp before :(

.. they had a ramp, but the kept falling off it. And there used to be a box there, but they kept moveing it, i have tried serveral things, but the just move it. :roll: They are happy with it like that at the minite, obviosly, when they get older. It will be modified, well. Thats if the hutch lasts that long, they just eat it! Its so chewed :lol:

Hi just wondering what you made the floor with and do you not find that it gets wet,my two wont come out of their house unless the door to the run is open so they can come into the garden lol They may prefer a floor:roll:

Too big?? mine have free run of my flat and I STILL feel I want to give them more space! Some people are just very uneducated when it comes to rabbit care, but that seems rediculous! Does she think rabbits live in small cages in the wild??!!
xxxx

Mine did that, not sure if you could get access to do this, but with mine I added a hinge to either side , attaching one side to the hutch and the other side to the ramp, that way the ramp has some movement, but will not fall off.

As for the raised floor, a touch of genius I think, I am constantly worried about wet paws as I live on a hill, and all the water flows through my garden.

what gets me is the mentality they would watch watership down then stick their bun in a 3 foot ummmmmmmmmmm, its common sense the bigger the better, its the bloody breeder hutches you see that are 3x3 that encourages the norm

what gets me is the mentality they would watch watership down then stick their bun in a 3 foot ummmmmmmmmmm, its common sense the bigger the better, its the bloody breeder hutches you see that are 3x3 that encourages the norm

Spot on, surely its common sense isn't it??? Some people just astound me!
xxx

Your buns hutch is fabulous!!

It really upsets me when I think about all the ignorant parents that buy their children bunnies and stick them in a cramped hutch at the bottom of the garden, and when the child gets bored of it they often get no cuddles or company and are cleaned out once a blue moon. It really makes me sad and angry when I start thinking about this, I don't think buns are good pets for children at all unless they have responsible bunny loving parents with a wealth of knowledge on bun health and happiness who will gladly take over when child gets bored. they're such sensitive delicate little creatures and I know for sure I wouldn't want noisy excitable children around my girls.

It's great to know that everybody on this forum is absolutely loopy about buns and gives them the absolute best care and life they can, I'm so pleased to be part of this group xx :cry::censored::no: :bunny::love::bunny::bunny:

Mai all your friend has done by making that comment is reveal her own ignorance! I hope she didn't upset you, I think it's a lovely hutch and your buns always look so happy and healthy in their photos :)

Thank you :) My bunnies are happy in their hutch :)
She didnt upset me as such, she just made me angry. :oops:

I have two that have the whole of downstairs and two that have the whole of upstairs. :D

If that gets too small I can't afford a bigger house :( :lol:.

I think you've got a brilliant hutch for them, the more room the better! I had my hutch made, its 8ft long by 3ft two storeys high, whenever we have someone come round who hasnt seen it they always say the same as your friend! I guess people just have no idea and think its ok to put a rabbit in a tiny hutch and leave it there :evil:...To me, I now wish I had my hutch made biggger!

Back