• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you trust this (travelling) bunny savvy pet sitter?

After the good things I heard about you at the hopper group yesterday I'd definitely book you up.

Think you might be surprised at how many people would have 'strangers' in the house to look after their furries.

I don't know you personally but know enough about you from this forum to trust you too look after my two.
Also once you start you will get recommendations through word of mouth.

The phoenix is really rising! good on you!
i admire your courage
Nikki

Feel free to have a trial run at this mad place! We have a human obstacle course, 3 rabbits who are now all separate, and destruction everywhere! :cry: stress levels through the roof this weekend!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Think you might be surprised at how many people would have 'strangers' in the house to look after their furries.

Yeah, quite possibly I would! It doesn't surprise me that people use 'strangers' to petsit as part of a regular in-out visit, the bit that would surprise me is if lots of people would have a stranger live in. Maybe I'm in the minority after all!!

I don't know you personally but know enough about you from this forum to trust you too look after my two.
Also once you start you will get recommendations through word of mouth.

The phoenix is really rising! good on you!
i admire your courage
Nikki

I think everyone on here is very lovely, but we do have to remember that this is the internet and anyone of us could be hiding something. For example if your kids knew someone online and said they trusted them etc etc we would give them a talk on how people online are not always what they seem. Not that Im saying anyone on here is a raging weirdo of course but apart from those who have met, we are all strangers. Thats why I like to know people personally x

it might be seasonal but i don't think it would be a niche market. you'd just have to make the right people aware.
i'm like Santa, very private, can't share my bathroom, but i know that's quite rare (there are more of us on r u than i've met anywhere else) and loads of people have animals they 'can't go away' because it means leaving them. don't be put off this one, di, it could be a useful part of your 'portfolio of careers' that we're all supposed to have nowadays.

people like someone in their house while they're away, too. it keeps out the opportunist burglars. if you model yourself as 'auntie di' they can all tell their neighbours their auntie di will be staying while they're away.

its like a doula for animal keepers really. you should advertise abroad too.

I have a house sitter already booked for 2 weeks in July otherwise I'd book you Di. For someone to look after the buns and the dogs in their home is important to us.
Quite a few of us on the forum have met Mrs B and know she is genuinely a lovely person.

Thinking about it, yes a CRB check would be a necessity, and insurance would need to be looked into.

I'd definitely love to have you as a live-in house/pet sitter while I'm on holiday!

Last year we had a big family holiday planned. 6 months before we were due to go I started looking for pet sitters thinking it'd be really quick and easy to find someone decent...how wrong was I!!
I found NO-ONE that would live-in and the one person I did find told me it'd cost me £1,100 for the week :shock: My holiday didn't even cost that much!!
So some of us didn't end up going away because we had no-one to look after the animals.

Having someone here that loves animals and knows how to care for them well would be lovely. Especially someone with bunny experience, every pet-sitter I spoke to had never cared for rabbits before.

How much would you charge for a week?

Generally, I would need to have met the person and take it from there for them to be in my house. Its unfortunate that my former "stealing cleaning lady" has inevitably made me extra cautious - I don't fancy grubbing around any more pawn brokers to buy my property back! (That is in no way personally directed to Mrs B!)

It's a great idea though and I'd love to find someone who could offer that service. 😊

Why not have a sliding scale of charges depending on postcodes, or have a look on google earth at the places you're going? Balance where (which is a rough indicator of the money they have to spend, although they might be mortgaged to the hilt so you can never be sure) against the number of animals and the kind of care required.

Back