• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about our old boy Bruce/ answers post 34/ free from pain now

Thank you. We are worried sick :(

He has had vetergesic and the tooth grinding has stopped again. We are going to collect him in a bit so him and pru can be together tonight. We will take him back first thing tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Well I guess that's good news of sorts. He's at least no worse. Let's hope it's one of those "I could kill you" moments when they're as poorly as could be one day but bouncing off the walls the next!

Gosh Liz, nothing more worrying that having to wait for results and that uncertain cloud hanging about :(
I really hope it's something easily sorted, whatever it is.
((((((((((((((Gentle snuggles))))))))))))))) for Bruce and Prudence. And (((((((comforting hugs)))))))) for you. xxxx

Thank you

No change this morning. He has been admitted again and we have decided to risk a Ga to check back teeth before he gets any weaker

Things are not going well for Bruce. I can't type everything on my phone . But need urgent help. Does anyone have any idea why a rabbit would have bad mouth ulcers but no spurs and not end stage kidney failure please?

Contact with a caustic substance
Anaemia
As a rare adverse reaction to oral Metacam

ditto - thats all I can think of

plus of course being very run down generally, low in vits or B12 etc - possible due to fighting infection elsewhere

did you mean 'NOT end stage kidney?' (I know thats what you typed but predictive text etc can get things so wrong . . . )

Thanks for replies. We have answers but they aren't good news.

Bloods showed possible kidney issues so he had another xray under Ga. They showed a nasty kidney stone in one kidney. They also found spondylosis in four joints of his spine :(

He is in considerable pain and been tooth grinding a lot so it is possible he has damaged his mouth when doing this.

We are going to continue to try to get his pain under control and eating again but if not we will have to let him go :(

I know you may not want to go there and each case is very different, but just to say Damson had a completely ossified kidney which he had removed at age 8/9. he made a great recovery for about 12 months.

But did not have spondylosis .. .

We have found with kidney stone buns that only ketamin or tramadol will even touch the pain.

I know you may not want to go there and each case is very different, but just to say Damson had a completely ossified kidney which he had removed at age 8/9. he made a great recovery for about 12 months.

But did not have spondylosis .. .

We have found with kidney stone buns that only ketamin or tramadol will even touch the pain.

We discussed removal but being 10.5 years having arthritis the spondylosis and tooth root issues the vet wasn't happy to operate. I think that is the right decision. If the op was successful I don't think he would cope with the recovery. He has always been a big girls blouse!!

We will be using tramadol

Thank you. Bruce is really struggling. He is very flat after the Ga so unfortunately he won't be coming home just yet :(

Any vibes would be greatly appreciated x

Back