• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about my boys and their new wife

I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you :cry: if you continue your search I am sure you will find a suitable wifey bun for them. Size is so difficult to gauge on photos, maybe you could ask for the weight of the bunny as a guide in future?

I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you :cry: if you continue your search I am sure you will find a suitable wifey bun for them. Size is so difficult to gauge on photos, maybe you could ask for the weight of the bunny as a guide in future?

Now that is a superb suggestion, thank you.

That's a shame, but it sounds like it was the best decision. The right girl will come along.

It reminds me a little of the time we took our Dottie on a 2 hour journey for a date and it didn't go well at all. The boy was immediately aggressive and Dottie was petrified and stood in a corner like a little statue. Completely unlike her as she's normally fiesty. Not long after we went to another rescue and found Ziggy and it was practically love at first sight and they are still amazing together. They can both be a bit grumpy at times (with me, mainly) but the partnership works really well x

Now that is a superb suggestion, thank you.

I would never have thought to ask myself, but I know from when we went to the rescue to be chosen by a bunny Frosty was much smaller than I'd thought, and some of the others were much bigger than their photos suggested!

Thank you all for your kind comments, we are still gutted that this day didnt go as planned and I feel that conti's are not going to be in rescue very much. I feel that as my boys are not bonded yet this would be a good time but dont want to make a snap decision or get the wrong doe............ what a pickle. I am sure it will all seem better in the morning. x

Gutted,and beyond upset we drove the boys for nearly two hours to meet the new bunny. She didnt like us and she was smaller than I expected ( as Dillon and Cuthy are big rabbits I wanted a lady who could cope with their exuberance) We had taken the boys in the house but the lady said that she did not bond rabbits - that was someone else. We asked if she had anywhere for the boys to just have a run for ten minutes before back in their carriers and a 2 hour drive home.
I had specifically asked about bonding and had taken their food extra. We were only 5 minutes with lady bunny and 10 minutes run around the garden. What a waste of a day - Mark and I only have 3 days off together this month so I am gutted that 4 hours were spent in the car.

The lady bunny would make someone else a lovely wife but I did not feel she was big enough to cope with my boys. Dont tell anyone but I wept on the way home :(

Oh no!

I thought the rabbit and the bonding had all been pre-arranged? So you took your boys to be bonded and then to be told it wasn't going to happen? And there was only one choice of female? Rather strange ... or had you accepted to try with this female?

I must say I *always* ask the weight of the rabbit when I get another one. It's unlikely I ever meet them beforehand, and I commit hoping that I can bond (so far, never had a failure). But I like to prepare myself mentally for the bunny's size ...

Gracious, you must be feeling so deflated :(

How disappointing for you :( sorry it didn’t work out, fate has decided there is a better match out there! Hope you find the right bunny soon.

Oh no!

I thought the rabbit and the bonding had all been pre-arranged? So you took your boys to be bonded and then to be told it wasn't going to happen? And there was only one choice of female? Rather strange ... or had you accepted to try with this female?

I must say I *always* ask the weight of the rabbit when I get another one. It's unlikely I ever meet them beforehand, and I commit hoping that I can bond (so far, never had a failure). But I like to prepare myself mentally for the bunny's size ...

Gracious, you must be feeling so deflated :(

Yes the bonding was pre arranged and yes we had potentially said yes to the one lady bunny. The other three bunnies at the house were very small and I am not sure if they were male/female or personal pets/ up for adoption. I think it was a case of dealing with one person but going to another persons home.

Also I don't know why this should be the case, but in my experience there are lots more males than females up for adoption.

Yes the bonding was pre arranged and yes we had potentially said yes to the one lady bunny. The other three bunnies at the house were very small and I am not sure if they were male/female or personal pets/ up for adoption. I think it was a case of dealing with one person but going to another persons home.

Complicated :?

I think it's back to the drawing board, but it sounds like you had a lucky escape. You are now far more armed with info and can organise something with all the knowledge from this one.

I think you'll find a brill wife in the end :D

Complicated :?

I think it's back to the drawing board, but it sounds like you had a lucky escape. You are now far more armed with info and can organise something with all the knowledge from this one.

I think you'll find a brill wife in the end :D

The bunny we went to see was advertised on facebook around 7pm last night and there was a lot of interest in her. I am so glad for her.

Back