• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about Kenco U/D He's gone

I've only just seen this thread, i'm so so sorry :cry: it must have been so awful to see him like that :cry: at least you were with him though and he knew he was loved, that is important. Massive hugs to you.
Binky free little man xxx

Oh Helen I am just so devastated to hear about Kenco. :cry::cry::cry: I am so sorry it was under such sad circumstances and I understand the pain. Sunshine passed away in my arms, made some noises and was mouth breathing. I think Kenco came to you for comfort in his last few minutes. It is overwhelming and very emotional but the pain will ease with time.

Thinking of you and your husband. xxx

so so sad, so so well written. Im really glad you have shared this with us .

we buried our helicopter eared rabbit on xmas day a few years back now , we were absolutely heart broken , i was never able to tell any of my male friends how upset i actually was , i held him at the vets as he passed and then broke down on the way home carrying his limp body , nobody who knows me knows this , as i was alone .

Heartbreaking, I'm in tears reading this. So so sorry. Sweet dreams Kenco, binky free reunited with your beautiful Fay. Never forgotten xx

My heart goes out to you both x

I'm so sorry to hear you've lost wee Kenco, I had half an eye on this thread but had no advice to offer and had hoped he'd get well again.

Sleepy tight Kenco. :cry:

I am so very sorry to read of Kenco's passing.
There are no words for a moment like this, when they cross in your arms. I lost a beloved old kitty this way to some kind of stroke or heart condition and it was heartbreaking. You always hope (and yet dread) that you can get them to someone who can give them a peaceful passing, but as upsetting as it can be, to know that you have held your loved one in his/her last moments so they know you are there gives its' own unexplainable kind of comfort eventually. I hope that you will be able to find that in the days and weeks to come.
For now, I am crying with you. I am so, so sorry. :cry:
Yes, he and Fay are together once again. And I'm sure watching over you, both of them.
((((((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you so so much for your kind words everyone. We are both really overwhelmed at the support shown to us as we grieve for Kenco. It is so kind of you all. I hope I didn't upset you all on Boxing Day. And so sorry for those of you who have had similar experiences. As awful as it is, it has helped to feel like we aren't alone in going through this.

We've barely stopped crying the last 36 hours for our little man. My husband took Kenco today to Dignity Pet Crem in Hampshire today, and we already have his ashes home with us in a beautiful little pouch. It was a long way for him to go but our last experience of a crem left us cold and we knew that Dignity had a good reputation and my husband said it was just right, a small quiet crem in the countryside with people that really understood and cared. Sorry if this is too morbid for some people, it is not my intention to upset anyone.

When we lost Fay earlier this year we scattered her ashes in a patch in the garden and planted a rose bush called English Miss for her. We feel that Fay was his one true love - even though he remarried to Buttercup this year - so Kenco's ashes will go in with Fay's. I have found some nasturtium seeds called Black Velvet, which seem perfect for him and his gorgeous black fur. Nasturtiums (along with mint) were Kenco's absolute favourite and he would go nutty for nasturtiums so I feel this will be fitting for him and them together. We will always be able to remember him when we see them, and our other bunnies can nibble to their hearts content, just as he did.

We'll hopefully put some photos and his story together soon in Rainbow Bridge, I do feel a need to tell his tale. Thank you all again SO much xx

Thank you Tracy. We sent Kenco to the Bridge with the fleecy blanket you kindly made for him - it was his blanket and he loved to sit on it (and wee on it!). x

Back