• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about Kenco U/D He's gone

So, so sorry for your loss :cry::cry:

Distressing as it was I'm glad you got to comfort him at the end and to be able to say your goodbyes.

Your planned tribute sounds lovely.

Thank you all so much, I can't tell you what your words mean to me. I am still feeling in shock and quite traumatised by what happened and the enormity of the sense of loss of my darling Kenco, so you are all helping me cope, thank you xx Its also nice that so many of you are leaving thoughts for Kenco xx

I'm so sorry :( It's always difficult to witness a distressing passing but I think that maybe he didn't really know what was going on. Generally when they are so close to death and fitting etc they don't know what they are doing. I really hope he didn't but none of that matters now as he will at the bridge with his true love. My heart goes out to you. *hugs*

Binky free Kenco, have fun at the bridge. xx

Thank you for your lovely words. I hope you are right about him not being aware of what was going on. It feels like it lasted ages in my mind but my OH keeps telling me it was only about 20 seconds and only a minute or two from when I scooped him up to being inside and him passing :cry: I just hope he felt some comfort though being with me, I hope he felt loved and comforted on some small level.

Thank you for your lovely words. I hope you are right about him not being aware of what was going on. It feels like it lasted ages in my mind but my OH keeps telling me it was only about 20 seconds and only a minute or two from when I scooped him up to being inside and him passing :cry: I just hope he felt some comfort though being with me, I hope he felt loved and comforted on some small level.

I am absolutely certain Kenco did get comfort and love. As people said to me at the time, he was at home in his own environment, not in a car or at the vets.

Its like Kenco came and wanted to be with you.

I am absolutely certain Kenco did get comfort and love. As people said to me at the time, he was at home in his own environment, not in a car or at the vets.

Its like Kenco came and wanted to be with you.

Thank you so much :cry::cry:

I am so grateful we werent in the car or at the vets. We had time to grieve with him afterwards and just hold him for as long as wanted to. We spoke to him and told him all the things we loved about him, stroking him gently and all our wishes for his journey to the Bridge :cry:

So much better to be at home and not have the added stress of travelling or being at the vets.

Also time with the body is so important I think (I feel it really helped me and my grieving process) and not something that you often get at the vets xxx

So much better to be at home and not have the added stress of travelling or being at the vets.

Also time with the body is so important I think (I feel it really helped me and my grieving process) and not something that you often get at the vets xxx

This is so true, and it helped us enormously to have that time with him, I am very grateful we got to do that in private at home in our own time, which we didnt get with Fay. xx

Back