• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wont be feeding that again

My 5 have had Excel right from day one and they have never had any sticky bums.It isn't good to suddenly change their food but, touch wood, I haven't had any fussy rabbits or sickly ones so I thank my lucky stars for that!!!
There are people that have said they just get their rabbit food in 'whatever supermarket they're in at the time' so maybe some buns are more hardy than others ?

the mature one is larger, like the size of the normal adult pellets, whereas junior/dwarf is smaller, suitable for younsters and dwarf like nethies:wave:

Well, I feel a bit better now. I don't feed them that much and I'v checked the bums ever since the last sticky episode with Lola and a week or so on - so far so fluffy! I have cut down drastically on it though and on cabbage and broccoli.

I know my vet doesn't sell Burges he sells something like Vetplan, I think it's called. Will talk to him on Sat and see if he comes up with any interesting info and will report back!!

Benson and Lola have had no more sticky bums since I cut way back on the Burges and cabbage and broccoli. I changed to spring greens, and curly kale..... any thoughts on vegetables to give rabbits?

Well, I feel a bit better now. I don't feed them that much and I'v checked the bums ever since the last sticky episode with Lola and a week or so on - so far so fluffy! I have cut down drastically on it though and on cabbage and broccoli.

I know my vet doesn't sell Burges he sells something like Vetplan, I think it's called. Will talk to him on Sat and see if he comes up with any interesting info and will report back!!

Benson and Lola have had no more sticky bums since I cut way back on the Burges and cabbage and broccoli. I changed to spring greens, and curly kale..... any thoughts on vegetables to give rabbits?

Obviously introduce new veggies slowly. I feed herbs basil, parsley, coriander, dill, Swiss Chard, rocket, pak choi, brussells cauliflower & kale.

Thanks for that. Now that I've stabalised little Lola I'll start adding something else. Maybe basil or parsley. Just dread seeing a sticky bum again. Not so bad this time of year but I want them to be all set for summer in case of fly strike don't you know!

Back