• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter Cover

TriL1

Warren Scout
P1000942.jpg

Hi all, my hutch/run has a pvc covering the run for when it rains, do I need a thermal cover for the hutch or will a tarpaulin be fine for winter, do I need to put blankets or anything underneath?? Would you cover the front of the hutch up, although this could be awkward as the buns have 24/7 access to the run so couldnt fully cover up for winter, any suggesstions be great. ??x:wave:

P1000942.jpg

Hi all, my hutch/run has a pvc covering the run for when it rains, do I need a thermal cover for the hutch or will a tarpaulin be fine for winter, do I need to put blankets or anything underneath?? Would you cover the front of the hutch up, although this could be awkward as the buns have 24/7 access to the run so couldnt fully cover up for winter, any suggesstions be great. ??x:wave:

argh where did you get those panels from if you dont mind me asking hun? i would perhaps stick another pne of those on the hutch mesh and fleece just overnight
but like you say bit difficult if they have 24 hour access i tuck my buns up before bed so i would just remove and open doors again :love::wave:

Its a man named Alan from CABJ Design, his on ebay, they do made to measure covers, for the run covers it was £75, I was going to get a thermal cover made for hutch but it is £75 as well and wondered if I could do it a cheaper way. I have started to notice my buns sleep inside the hutch more now, not the sleeping area though. Maybe I could put some tarpaulin over the top of the hutch and then like you said I could use one of those panels with a blanket over the front of the hutch and close the door at night, as they are in there at night anyway. I may get a snugglesafe too, do you think that be enough?x Email is cabj.design@hotmail.co.uk if you want covers made.xx

Back