• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winstons had a haircut! (horse)

:D Thankyou, he's thoroughbred x welshxnew forest hense needing a clip so soon, he works hard and has a pony coat!

Ahh I thought there was a bit of welsh and TB in him, he is beautiful. :love:

My gelding is a welsh D and has the most wonderful temperament.

Cerys :)

He is very, very handsome. And he has a kind eye;):love:

My Arab x used to pose and show off when people were watching - jogging, arching his neck and sticking his tail out saying 'look at me!':love:

Ahh I thought there was a bit of welsh and TB in him, he is beautiful. :love:

My gelding is a welsh D and has the most wonderful temperament.

I love welshies!! I grew up riding them!

My parents have a 12 year old welsh D entire (Prince) and a 24 year old welsh C gelding (tommy) both ride and drive. We also have my old welsh D mare out on loan and my sisters old sec B.

This is Prince
ABCD0013-1.jpg

princeme.jpg

prince2.jpg

Dad riding him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNzyhTBv4Ms

And Tommy my old boy :) he's very cheeky!
270420081036.jpg

tommy.jpg

hehe Tandie is gorgeous hairy i think :)

Thank you. Wish he was mine :( Belongs to a friend.

He is an Icelandic Horse! I know he is tiny just Icelanders don't know what a pony is:) Have you ever met/ridden one? They are gated and Tolt is really weired:lol:

Whoa what a stunning horsey, I have a friend that has a horse and a pony and her mare looks a wee bit like him.:love:

Thank you. Wish he was mine :( Belongs to a friend.

He is an Icelandic Horse! I know he is tiny just Icelanders don't know what a pony is:) Have you ever met/ridden one? They are gated and Tolt is really weired:lol:

Yes my dad shoes a couple but never ridden one or anything thats gated actually, must feel funny!

Lovely horse, Bournville won't tolerate having his mane pulled. It suits me fine as it was really hard on my hands with carpel tunnel. He used to get a trace clip, but in the winter I hardly get a chance to ride now, so its not worth it- he did look very nice though.

Lovely horse, Bournville won't tolerate having his mane pulled. It suits me fine as it was really hard on my hands with carpel tunnel. He used to get a trace clip, but in the winter I hardly get a chance to ride now, so its not worth it- he did look very nice though.

Winston is the first horse that i can actually say enjoys it :lol:

Tommy however i use a trimmer on, he hates having his mane pulled, but luckily its very fine for a welshy so not a problem, winston has a very thick mane, you can see its abit of a mess at the mo! :lol:

Yes my dad shoes a couple but never ridden one or anything thats gated actually, must feel funny!

YouTube has a video that's really funny of a man doing Tolt.

If you ever get the chance you must try it is so funny:lol:

Could I ask if the ones your dad shoes are cold shoed? Also do they belong to Icelandics?

YouTube has a video that's really funny of a man doing Tolt.

If you ever get the chance you must try it is so funny:lol:

Could I ask if the ones your dad shoes are cold shoed? Also do they belong to Icelandics?

No my dad only shoes hot, no they belong to english, they are driven :)

No my dad only shoes hot, no they belong to english, they are driven :)

They really are a Jack of all trades:lol: I *think* that Icelandic usually only cold shoe. It takes the farrier ages to file the hoof wall down perfectly. I think he secretly resents my friend:lol:

All your horses and ponies all look so healthy and confidant. They are all mine if you get bored, or feed up with the hard work:lol:;)

Not fair my dads a gardener and you get a farrier:roll:

They really are a Jack of all trades:lol: I *think* that Icelandic usually only cold shoe. It takes the farrier ages to file the hoof wall down perfectly. I think he secretly resents my friend:lol:

All your horses and ponies all look so healthy and confidant. They are all mine if you get bored, or feed up with the hard work:lol:;)

Not fair my dads a gardener and you get a farrier:roll:

No thats rubbish, you can hot shoe anything, i dont like cold shoeing personally. Yeh its pretty useful, my brother is a farrier too :D

No thats rubbish, you can hot shoe anything, i dont like cold shoeing personally. Yeh its pretty useful, my brother is a farrier too :D

I know they can be hot shoed, not what i meant:oops: Its the country that, as far as I know, don't do it that way:oops:
I must admit they do seem to lose more shoes than i remember when i learnt to ride:? You are so lucky and i am green with envy:lol:;)

I know they can be hot shoed, not what i meant:oops: Its the country that, as far as I know, don't do it that way:oops:
I must admit they do seem to lose more shoes than i remember when i learnt to ride:? You are so lucky and i am green with envy:lol:;)

Some countries do just cold shoe, ive been to some countries where shoeing really is quite primitive! Oh i get really told off though if i lose a shoe, luckily doesnt happen very often! :D

I love welshies!! I grew up riding them!

My parents have a 12 year old welsh D entire (Prince) and a 24 year old welsh C gelding (tommy) both ride and drive. We also have my old welsh D mare out on loan and my sisters old sec B.

This is Prince
ABCD0013-1.jpg

princeme.jpg

prince2.jpg

Dad riding him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNzyhTBv4Ms

And Tommy my old boy :) he's very cheeky!
270420081036.jpg

tommy.jpg

OMG I want to steal Prince!! He is stunning!! :love::love: Tommy is gorgeous too :love: but Prince really has the wow factor!

Some countries do just cold shoe, ive been to some countries where shoeing really is quite primitive! Oh i get really told off though if i lose a shoe, luckily doesnt happen very often! :D

I'd love to go to Iceland but their ways to us Brits may seem to be very primitive. (Ever the diplomat.)

I think the farrier just suffers them. My friend was telling him how their names should be pronounced and he just said well I'm English:lol: and he keeps calling them ponies which you aren't supposed to and every time my friend flinches.

They are the calmest placidest breed though:love:

What is the strongest character in Winston the TB, Welsh or New Forest?

Went to the New Forest for our holiday this year and the ponies where more healthy than some of the ones you see in fields around here.:(

OMG I want to steal Prince!! He is stunning!! :love::love: Tommy is gorgeous too :love: but Prince really has the wow factor!

Did you watch the vid? Think if we gelded him he's be a dobbin, he's got such a lovely temperment. He loves to show off though! ..... Have you got any piccies? :D

I missed the video, just watched it there now! I love the way he is so expressive, and he really works through his shoulders when he trots! :love::love:

Here are a couple of pics of my boy, Tigger, he is 26! Not the most typey of Welsh D's and sadly is unregistered, but he is the most amazing pony, and is a real joy to ride and he catches everyones eye no matter where we go with his big extended trot that he loves to do!!
tigger113-1.jpg

tigger93.jpg

Back