• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winston has arrived!

He is beautiful :love:

I wouldn't worry too much about the car time, an hour isn't very much really. Some of the buns n here have traveled half way across the country and settled in just fine :)

If you don't find he settles with that litter tray I'd consider using something bigger - none of mine have got on with the triangular trays and actually destroyed one when I tried attaching it to the cage to stop them tipping it over!

It sounds like he's found a very good home for himself!

Ooh added to Battlekat Rosie came to Birmingham from Dublin via car and ferry :shock: it took about 7 hours in her carrier :D

He will settle ;)

He is beautiful :love:

I wouldn't worry too much about the car time, an hour isn't very much really. Some of the buns n here have traveled half way across the country and settled in just fine :)

If you don't find he settles with that litter tray I'd consider using something bigger - none of mine have got on with the triangular trays and actually destroyed one when I tried attaching it to the cage to stop them tipping it over!

It sounds like he's found a very good home for himself!

He's had that tray for 8 months so it's just a bit strange he has suddenly decided he doesn't like it. Just been into the kitchen and he had moved his litter tray into the middle of the cage and tipped his food bowl over. I've taken the food bowl out because he has plenty of hay to eat during the night, and put his litter tray back in the corner…should I be doing this or should I leave it in the middle of the hutch if he keeps moving it there or tipping it over when it's in the corner? I am planning on getting a covered litter tray when he is free range, I was hoping to make do with the triangular one until then but maybe I will have to get him a new interim one :roll:

Winston is a very handsome boy! I have that litter tray too and it's constantly being relocated and renovated - keeps them occupied though so I leave them to it [emoji6] I think it's just a control thing for them and got to give them that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update of today….he's getting a bit more adventurous now :D His litter training is still in progress…he starting weeing next to his litter tray, and pooing next to his litter tray, so I went and bought him a bigger one from tescos and put hay in one side of it. Bless him I think he got a bit confused because the new litter tray doesn't have high sides so when he backed up into the corner he just wee'd all over the side of it and the side of the cage. So i've put the triangular one in the new large one so he has a nice high side to back up into! Fingers crossed this will work :) I just love him so much already!!

This is his set up at the moment, I took the cage bars bit of the cage bottom because I felt it was a little bit pointless;
LCxRK8I.jpg

Aww he's gorgeous :love: As others have said, I think he just needs a bit of time to adjust and settle. I think it took me a couple of weeks to fully re-train Scrappy to use her litter box (she was adopted as well) so it's still early days :)

He decided to wee and poo aaaaall over the cardboard run area and some of it went on our kitchen floor. We've decided to put him in the cage for the night because I don't want him to do it again and spend the whole night running around in his wee and poo. I'm hoping it will encourage him to use his litter tray because it will be so close to him. We've moped up all the wee and picked up the poos and put it all in his litter tray, it looks like it needs changing but I'm not sure if that's the best plan because I want him to smell his toilet area?! He was having so much fun running around I feel really bad shutting him in his cage :(

Back