• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

William Has Just Had a Seizure :-( U/D 11th Dec

William has not had any more seizures overnight. He seems to be coping OK at the moment and he is eating and moving about. He is sleeping A LOT more than he used to though and he is now almost blind.

As with so many of my Rabbits now, we will take things one day at a time. A peaceful slipping away at home is what would be best for William. But if he becomes distressed or has more seizures then C will need to help him pass :cry:

William has not had any more seizures overnight. He seems to be coping OK at the moment and he is eating and moving about. He is sleeping A LOT more than he used to though and he is now almost blind.

As with so many of my Rabbits now, we will take things one day at a time. A peaceful slipping away at home is what would be best for William. But if he becomes distressed or has more seizures then C will need to help him pass :cry:

Please give him a cuddle for me. Glad he is coping ok today.

He really is a very frail old man now. He is still doing OK for now, but I fear he is very unlikely to be with us for Christmas :cry:

Rabbits009-23-1.jpg

Awww...what a sweet face! :love:
I can recall Pip's seizure like it was yesterday. I still flip out if I hear her thump about in a certain way...brings me running. :(
Bless him, I hope that doesn't happen again. Snuggles for William and hugs for you.

I want to cry for you and William. He is so sweet. You do an amazing job of looking after all your bunnies on your own, nursing and taking care of them in their old age and through all their illnesses.

poor old chap...watching a bunny suffer a seizure is a highly disturbing experience. I will always remember berties....hed get up stagger off then go again.....

12 is an amazing age fir a bunny.

i know how you feel..we willed bertie to be comfortable as possible and be with us through christmas.....it was very very hard...

this year it is little merlin and lily...both with gi strictures......lily not that long ago had an impaction and just recently merlin went in with no gut movements despite meds and seeing a vet a few hrs beforehand....i had to choose 24 to 48 hr window if he wasnt suffering..if he was theyd out him to sleep. Or i could have had him pts there and then.

i cannt ever i agine having such an old bunny......bertie was seven and a half when he died..the oldest bunny wed ever had and the longest time wed ever had a bunny. now lilys just turned seven..hunnybunny has turned six and we think merlin is in the middle!

it is why i have made the descision now...no more bunnys no more cats.......i do not ave the finances now and i cannot cope with my health probs. But mainly the heartache at having ill bunnies and dying bunnies. Your heart gets shredded.....

i have poor merlin still pining fir his wifey who died so suddenly out of the blue with a heart attack....
merlin and lily living on borrowed time..hunnybunny who is still grieving fir losing her human mummy and er lovely big lounge. bluebell with her weird fevers and lost her sister not long after they both arrived here.
Baxter because hes already had one chest unfection.

i do not know how you cope...but i can certainly understand willing a bun to be ok long enough to spend xmas together...they love the pretty lights...sleeping under the tree etc. And heartbreak is always worse this time of year.

hugs little fella xxxxx

Back