• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will neutering stop escape attempts?

katiebob

Warren Scout
Hi all,

My french Lop, Colin, is seven months old and has now taken to jumping on top of his hutch onto our wood shed and is measuring up the distance to jump onto our neighbours shed...

Will neutering stop this happening as he can only come out in the garden if I am there supervising him - as soon as I pop inside for something up he goes!!

Thanks in advance, Kat

No, I'm afraid it won't. He's obviously got an inquisitive nature, and neutering won't change that. It might however make him happier. It should cure any hutch aggression he has, and will stop him spraying (if he does). It also means that he could have a girly bun to snuggle up to (6/7 weeks after being neutered) ;).

As he gets bigger he won't be bothered about jumping that high, because he'll be too heavy! :lol::lol::lol:...well that's what I've found with my Frenchies....so darn lazy! :lol:

hmmm... ah well! No spraying yet...

will just have to wait for him to grow!

Dont tempt me to get him a girlfriend - ill end up overrun with the little chaps and chappettes!!

How long before he is fully grown? Will he grow much more between 7 months and full grown?

hmmm... ah well! No spraying yet...

will just have to wait for him to grow!

Dont tempt me to get him a girlfriend - ill end up overrun with the little chaps and chappettes!!

How long before he is fully grown? Will he grow much more between 7 months and full grown?

Frenchies grow until they're 15/18 months....so the little man has much more growing to go! :shock:

I'm not saying it'll stop him completely, but he probably won't jump the higher levels.

if hes got plumbs he can be done, you can get him a freind once neutered , so no chapettes etc :D

might stop him for a wee bit, but if he wants to explore he will, you have to work around the bun, not the bun round you, you will lose :lol::lol:

he will stop...

... but it won't be neuteribg that stops him - he'll work out that it isn;t worth it. Ours weren't jumpers, they were diggers. Now they don't bother in the least. What can you prop up to curb it? Some leaning-angled fencing? It is so anxious-making when it is happening, I know. Good luck.

Back