• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild Myxi Rabbits

We had a lot of rabbits round about my uni once and they got myxi a few times. Back then I hadn't kept rabbits but knew about myxi so when I found a rabbit nearly dead in our garden I had to put it out of its misery but was crying as I did it.

I found a very young rabbit in tharden once too which outwardly seemed fine but it let me approach it. It d very limp so I put it in a card board box with a heat pad underneith it bu the poor mite still died. I've no idea what might have been wrong with it but it was so floppy when picked it up. :(

Personally I fail to see how anyone with an ounce of compassion for living creatures could observe a suffering wild Rabbit and do absolutely nothing.

I totally agree. I was driving along once and saw an injured rabbit in the road. It couldn't move. I didn't care if it had myxi or fleas or even that I had to stop the oncoming traffiic!! If I had driven past and not helped I would never have forgiven myself.

I couldn't personally 'kill' an animal myself, but would not acuse someone who had relieved an animals suffering as being cruel.

Back