• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do people ask.

Vets are obliged to treat an animal in need. Our vets will refuse routine/ non emergency treatment to bad debtor, but you have to become one first. If people who are struggling to pay a bill ask for an payment plan and stick to it, our vets will do their best to help.

i had to pay £150 deposit when Alvin was admitted to the emergancy vets... i suspect they would not have treated him if id not paid.. and i wasnt allowed to have him back the next day until i settled the bill

i know emergancy vets work different to normal vets, but i do think they wont treat unless they see the colour of money :(

I do think vets should be obliged to start looking at their out of hours charges. We live in a 24/7 society so why should we have to pay £99 after 18:00 when half of us are still not home from our day jobs?

Our vets will let me take the animal home, and pay later... or even phone from home and pay over the phone the next day etc. But then they know I'm daft enough to spend £160 on neutering male mice.. so I guess they don't need to worry about me doing a bunk and not paying!

They are really good like that. Can't believe some vets make you pay in advance.. that's crazy!

Although when I was visiting Toshi when he was on IV, Doctor Death as i call him - was ranting about a woman who asked to pay in installments for her animals treatment. He was moaning saying that if you don't have the money why go ahead with the treatment.. and this is a VET!!! He is very money orientated and think he forgets why he became a vet. or maybe he only ever did it for lining his pockets!

Back