• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why didn't anyone tell me this wouldn't work? more pics

:D I don think they can get up to too much harm, though I have heard of legs getting stuck in hay racks :?
Also can they jump off the top? where Tiger is in the first pic?
Sorry I panic too much :oops:

p.s I also didnt realise it was a shed i thought they were in a room - its fab!! really clever!!

Now im worried, :shock: I dont think the tops a problem as they only peek over the edge, but ill keep an eye out. And any desires to go over, then theyll be a picket fence pointing down aswell as up.Just to be on the safe side:D Thanks for your concern, I take all advice on board as I would never want them to hurt themselves :love:

I would make sure that the hay rack is always stuffed really full with hay, the reason I say this is that one of mine got his back leg stuck between the wires as he jumped out and it was awful, he actually screamed in pain, we thought he had broken his leg but thankfully he hadn't. If it's hard to keep it full can you put a platform above it so they cannot get into the rack or put it up higher so that they can't jump into it any more?

:shock::shock::shock: Oh my god, its def coming down now.
I tried to raise it but as the ramps above, its not possible.
Covering it sounds like a good plan. Thanks for your advice :love:

af922b0e.jpg

Squeeeeee, how cute is that photo!!!!! :love::love::love:

Aww! :love: I just melted when I saw that last photo! :love: I love that room, especially the little fence. Did you make it yourself?

:lol::lol: Love this. Your rabbits are so cute, and very naughty which adds to their appeal :love:

I love their home its beautiful. They are very very lucky buns :)

Just a thought how about a hinged lid? Just put two hinges above it and put a wooden lid on maybe with a catch bit so they can't open it and can sit on top of it but cant's sit in it?

Just a thought how about a hinged lid? Just put two hinges above it and put a wooden lid on maybe with a catch bit so they can't open it and can sit on top of it but cant's sit in it?

Wow, I love your set up and your buns are gorgeous:love::love::love::love::love: I lover Tiger:love::love::love:

What I did with mine, like pixierabbit said, I attatched a lid, but made out of thick carboard, with two holes at the edge nearest the wall and attacthed it with garden wire so I can open and close it, it works very well so far:)

OOOOOOOooooo...my heart just melted...your buns are adorable :love: I love your set up...have you got any pics of the whole area? I would love to see it...it looks wonderful :)

DSC04825.jpg

I recently got a wall basket as a hay rack for my buns...I attached it so that the top was open...a few days later a found a nice neat lil pile of poopies sitting on top...3 guesses what my 2 have been up too with the rack :lol:. I was worried that they'll hurt themselves so I have now turned it upside down so they can't get in. It could be dangerous for your buns...to be on the safe side I would make a lid as suggested :)

OOOOOOOooooo...my heart just melted...your buns are adorable :love: I love your set up...have you got any pics of the whole area? I would love to see it...it looks wonderful :)

Ooooo yes, thats a good idea, some piccies of the whole thing:D Pleeeeaassee;):D

af922b0e.jpg

This is just too adorable. Could I please crop it and use it once on our website if I make a small donation to the pledge a pound appeal.?

:love: Thank you so much everyone :love:

Captain Helen - The fence is just some garden border edging painted in pet safe woodstain. Easy peasy, cut to fit. :D

Pixie rabbit & Wally 4 eva - Great idea, think ill give that a go. OH will have a moan if I go and buy another diff one so ill try that first.:D

Clougie Wally 4 eva & Nee nee - more pics no problem ill send some over tonight....:D

Holiday hutch - No problem :thumb: Im only to happy to show him off :love:

Wow! Your set up is amazing - definitely something to aspire to if/when I move to a place with a garden big enough for a shed!

Gorgeous buns - Tiger is stunning :love::love:

Back