• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why cant I do this?!

How silly. I have 4 bunnies and they all go in together. The receptionist book me a longer session but they all get it done at the same time.

Fortunately my vets run an open surgery. We only live 2 minutes down the road, so I give them a ring to see how busy they are, then pop down. I've taken 4 in for myxo jabs before, no problem.
And the 'dinner' comment - certainly worth a formal complaint.

i had a vets that wanted to do that, and they also wante dme to pay a consultation vee of £20, and the myxi vac, and then do it again for the other rabbits!!!

we take them to a different vet now, we took peanut, domino, and pebbles in, the vacs were £11, and they all got free checkups while we were there! and they all went in together

I book my two in together without problems for their jabs. I think only one actually makes it onto the computer againt their time slot, but they know there are really two to see. I've yet to test the system for their neuter when I ask for them to be kept in the same recovery cage.

My vets are fine about seeing them all in one appointment, I took Faline in for her second vacc with our dog who was having a health check no problem. The receptionists are quite bad at listening carefully though. Because the vets were so good with my rabbits my parents decided to move our dogs and cats over too. So there is a Mr and Mrs. my surname and a miss which is me. They always get jumbled up though which means the vet histories are split between the two accounts and has caused a problem with my petplan claim.

One of them is really good though and tried to explain it to the other one, but she just couldn't get it.

book the 2 appointments

Go to first with both bunny's - Explain situation to vet and get both bunnys vaxed at the same time because, to be honest it take 3 mins to vacinate each bun, unless its a very wiggly bunny. Cancel second appointment.

I did make a formal complaint about the dinner comment ;)

I am still really annoyed because I know I have taken two animals in together before to be seen in the same appointment at the same vets :roll: :?

I know the vet wont have a problem with vaccinating them both in the same appointment, it was just trying to explain that on the phone :evil: And now I have taken up two appointments when I only need one :roll:

Thing is there are 4 receptionists in total and they are all like that. One of them was even rude enough to say when she was playing with a dog that was in 'oh look there is your dinner over there, wouldnt you just love to eat that little rabbit all up, aw go and get the rabbit....' :?

OMG I think I'd of slapped her!

Thing is there are 4 receptionists in total and they are all like that. One of them was even rude enough to say when she was playing with a dog that was in 'oh look there is your dinner over there, wouldnt you just love to eat that little rabbit all up, aw go and get the rabbit....' :?

OMG I think I'd of slapped her!

I wasnt very polite to her :oops: But seriously how dare she say something like that about my bunny when I am paying just like everyone else to be there :? :evil:

That's... seriously weird! My vets charge a lot, and are quite happy to charge me per bunny (even if I'm going about exactly the same thing for each), but I do get one appointment for them! :shock:

That's... seriously weird! My vets charge a lot, and are quite happy to charge me per bunny (even if I'm going about exactly the same thing for each), but I do get one appointment for them! :shock:

Mine charge a lot too, and I even explained that I am happy to pay for two appointments I just dont want my bunnies sitting in the waiting room that long but she said that wasnt possible either :roll:

Mine charge a lot too, and I even explained that I am happy to pay for two appointments I just dont want my bunnies sitting in the waiting room that long but she said that wasnt possible either :roll:

Absolutely crazy - you can probably never get an appointment, as they are filled up with multiple animals! I've gone with 5 animals before!! :shock: :oops:

As they charge a set fee for each vaccination, they are being paid for seeing each bunny. I would phone her back and try a different tack. Ask her when is it possible for you to come in and book your bunnies in to "follow" each other. As its for a vaccination, they will allow a 15 minute slot anyway. My vet also does a health check on each bunny and checks their teeth and listens to their hearts at the same time they are vaccinated. This would be incorporated in the vac fee of £21.00.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as I tell them who I'm bringing in, and don't just turn up with twice the amount I said, it's up to them to work out the time slot.

As they charge a set fee for each vaccination, they are being paid for seeing each bunny. I would phone her back and try a different tack. Ask her when is it possible for you to come in and book your bunnies in to "follow" each other. As its for a vaccination, they will allow a 15 minute slot anyway. My vet also does a health check on each bunny and checks their teeth and listens to their hearts at the same time they are vaccinated. This would be incorporated in the vac fee of £21.00.

My vet charges the vaccination cost on top of the appointment for taking the bunny in though, so its like £17 for the appointment and then the £20 or whatever for the vaccination. I can only take them in this saturday because I have to get all my work finished before I leave on holiday so I have to work all next weekend and will be working late every night next week, normally I would have just left it for another day :D

We took Roger and Dave for their VHD and Billy and Blue for their Mxyi jabs all at the same time, even Pippa went along for the trip as she is bonded with roger and Dave!!.

:)

Back