• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whose bunny loves hot/warm water?

denla

Warren Scout
Mine loves drinking hot water. If it's cold she drinks a sip every now and then only when she's thirsty. When it's hot, but not boiling hot, she drinks like she's addicted.

My two like their water lukewarm so I top it up with a splash of hot water from the kettle when I'm refilling. They always seem to drink lots more when the water's warm. :D:D

My Herbs is the opposite, he laps up the cold water as soon as I fill the bowl and then mostly leaves it until it gets refilled fresh again!

In the hot weather I used to worry that Roger wasn't drinking enough, so one day I added a tiny bit of orange squash (no sugar added), and he loved it, and drank far more then he would normally :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, they prefer it luke warm, however don't like it Luke warm from a bottle only a bowl?.!,, Fussy...

yes mine love warm water you can hear them making little gulping noises and nearly empty the bowl :lol:

How strange, maybe they have sensitive teeth? I haven't noticed a difference really, they only get warm water in winter though when I take out a jug of warm water to defrost the bottles but they don't react differently

This is weird. Mine always drink their water straight after filling it up with cold tap water. I always make sure the water is cold and they love it. Perhaps it's because they are indoor buns?

:wave: Mine like it lukewarm too. I always try to make sure they drink more during a moult so add some boiling from the kettle to make it lukewarm.

Back