• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who's bringing in their buns?

Are you bringing in your bunnies for the winter?

• Yes

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 42 76.4%

• Total voters
Mine are staying out. They have good thick winter coats and their hutches and playhouses are insulated. I don't have indoor room to bring in 8 buns until its warm enough to go out again in spring.

mine are staying out. They have winter coats, a hutch filled with straw, and each other to snuggle up to.

at the moment I think they're still sleeping sprawled out in the hutch rather than in their nice cosy bed :roll:

Mine are out...

I have a bonded group of nine and love being out.. My rabbits sleeping area is solid wood, with builders house insulation around it and covered with a tarp.. I t has a small opening to the ramp to outside.. Inside they have a large dogbed, filled with straw and more straw surrounds it.. Nine rabbits give off so much heat ive often fancied getting in myself!.. I keep 4 water bottles and keep changing them over as they freeze.. :D

My 2 are staying out. Neither seem bothered so far by the cold however if they did start to look as though they were suffering I would bring them in. They would have very little space indoors though.

I wasn't going to bring them in from my garage because it is out of the wind and they have a big secure hutch in there, but I just didn't have the heart when it started dumping snow so I put them in the warm spare room. :)

steve and jas are outide but have moved from the chicken coop and uber run set up to the shed, they have no access to a run but the shed is the same area space as the "summer living space" so im not too worried it has windows and the door is open all day. and on the nicer days i can put them into the run!

theywould deffo come in if i had my own way (the OH too) but unfortunatly john's allergic to the fur so they have to stay out.

I haven't done so yet (first winter for my two) but I'm getting very close to bringing them inside for a month or so. God bless litter training :)

My girls were going to stay out but got spayed & havent been out for a night - for days yes but they snuggled onto the snugglesafe as their tummy fur still hasnt grown back properly - for this reason they will be inside this winter BUT they will have a choice to go out into their hutches if they so choose via a cat flap in the wall that we have still to do!:D

We have spent a lot of money on a new shed and doing the garden for it, so T&P are staying out this winter. The shed is good quality and doesn't let in any drafts, though I wanted to insulate it with polystyrene boards today but B&Q had sold out :roll: I am seriously thinking about bringing them in next Winter - they are quite happy indoors and our lounge is really big, so they would actually have more space.

The fosters bunnies hutch has a foil hutch cover, plastic sheet and shutters on the mesh parts for night time.

Worry about them loads though.

I have bought Flower in and have to say im very happy that I have. Her appetite seems to have improved, she seems so happy to have cuddles on tap and has more space than she had in her hutch. The fact that we have even worse weather forcast from tuesday than we have already been getting makes me realise that what I have done is definately the right thing for her :love:

I have bought Flower in and have to say im very happy that I have. Her appetite seems to have improved, she seems so happy to have cuddles on tap and has more space than she had in her hutch. The fact that we have even worse weather forcast from tuesday than we have already been getting makes me realise that what I have done is definately the right thing for her :love:

Good for you! I still may bring Bramble in....... Is Flower a single bunny?

Back