• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who was looking for grow your own hay seeds etc?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
just i do remeber someone trying to find out abut growing it all.
well i followed a link from galens garden and got here...

http://www.planetguinea.co.uk/shop/categories.php

Grow your own grass
October 10th, 2006 by Belinda

Planet Guinea sell Timothy grass seed and Timothy grass and herb seed mixes for you to grow your own piggy patch. Good for rabbits too. Timothy grass is excellent for cutting and feeding to your rabbits, guinea pigs and chinchillas. When it is established, it can be used for grazing. If you cut your initial Timothy grass crop in a patch roughly the size of your rabbit or guinea pig run, the cropped area will provide excellent grazing for your rabbits or guinea pigs.

All Planet Guinea’s seeds come with a complete set of instructions about how to prepare the soil, plant the seeds and care for your piggy paddock.

If you can leave it alone long enough, you will be able to cut and dry it to make your own Timothy hay. Instructions for making hay are on our hay site. You can also buy Timothy hay in small quantities from Planet Guinea’s shop if you can’t wait to grow, harvest and dry your own!

Planet Guinea sell cereal grass seeds for you to grow your own wheatgrass, oat grass or barley grass. Cereal grasses can be grown in the garden, in pots, in window boxes or in special sprouting machines such as the EasyGreen machine. (Illustrated)http://www.galensgarden.co.uk/blog/2006/10/10/grow-your-own-grass/

Cereal grasses are harvested when the shoots are at their most nutritious. Wheat grass, barley grass, kamut grass (the wheat grass used for juicing) and oat grass are high quality foods for rabbits and guinea pigs. Rich in protein, vitamins and minerals.

In addition, rabbits and guinea pigs in the wild would take in most of their moisture through the food that they eat. The natural moisture content of cereal grasses and the fact that they are a ‘live food’ naturally rich in enzymes which aid digestion, make them an ideal food for all rabbits and guinea pigs but particularly valuable for feeding to those with, or recovering from, dental problems.

Posted in Hay and Herbage |

I've bought stuff from here. It's great! I have timothy seeds that I sprinkle around outside, and wheatgrass seeds that grow indoors easily.

It was me asking! Thanks so much for that, I am definitely going to buy some timothy seeds and some alfalfa and kale seeds!

I have just today been out and bought grass seeds and herb seeds and planted myself a nice little bunny restaurant!

I will post pictures once it has all grown. Looks a bit dull and soily at the mo!

well thank you sarah for the recommendation and crazyrabbitlady..no probs just i couldnt remember who it was..but i foundit anyway!
Ohh let us see pics! my gardens been condemened by housing association surveyor..im fighting small claims court for the cowboy gardneer/landscaper..but for now itll have to stay as it is and i will have to grow tubs everywhere for buns..once ive killed off ants they munch through everything with roots :shock:

Decided to post pics of my 'garden' just so you can see the progress! Wish my laptop wasn't broken, it has pics of it when I moved in with weeds taller than me!

This is one corner, the grow-bag has herbs planted in it and the recycling box (!) has nasturtiums:

garden.jpg

This is the non concreted part. I have planted grass seeds (awaiting dandelions, which I have ordered) inside the 'picket fence' (old rabbit run :lol: ) and more nasturtiums in the flowerbed round the outside. Had to have the fence to stop the dog fouling the area! She has a small 'fouling area' at the far end of the non concrete area!

garden1.jpg

garden2.jpg

I am slightly happier with my garden now and it's all thanks to this forum that I did it!

wow one the plants strat to sprout youll be feeling so pleased with your self!
do you want to dig my garden :lol: :cry:
i need to get rid of ants before i plant anything even if its in a growbag or plant pot! :shock:

crazyrabbitlady said:
garden1.jpg

garden2.jpg

I am slightly happier with my garden now and it's all thanks to this forum that I did it!
May I ask where you got the fence from? I can think of 101 uses for that

Back