• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has turned house buns into outdoor buns?

As much as I would love mine to be indoor rabbits(all the time I would save), they are, Smokey in particular, happier outdoors (maybe they would be different if they had their own room in the house). They are far more active and if you're paranoid like me, you can still spot any problems easily and quickly.

I lock mine up at night and even though they have a large run on paving slabs, I don't leave them out in it all night, I would just worry too much.
They have heat pads in the winter and in the summer I put net curtains over the run.

Kip has been an indoor/outdoor rabbit all her life and takes quie well to the transition, now tho they live in my utility room at night and I have built a huge run outside which the utility leads onto so they can come in and go out as they wish.

Not sure about what to do while im at work, tho I can lock the door from utility to the kitchen so may do that,

They love it outside and are getting use to going back in the utrility room when its time to come in lol

Back