• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has rescued a stray bunny ? found on the street or wandering around ?

My cousins husband dumped their 2 dwarf lops, (the really small ones), in a park near the water in Sydney over 2 years ago. I am so angry no-one in our family stepped in.

They were their pets for several years. I never met them but my mum did. He actually told me, grrrrrrrrrrrr, that they were fed up with the cleaning, damage and getting them back into their hutch at night.

It is am image that haunts me.

Have no idea what their children thought. He said none of the rescues could take them and he didn't want to wait any longer. :evil::evil:

He honestly thought what he did was ok. He could have boarded them or anything but this, they are loaded. I don't communicate with them now. I don't know if I ever could.

If I had been there at the time I would have taken them.

Of course, digging. Glad there was a happy ending.

I am sure Rosie loved your neighbours cabbages. Hope they didn't mind.

Oh she LOVED them :D Every time she escaped, we'd find her there! It also didn't matter what we tried to do... she'd find a way to get out!

Luckily, our elderly neighbou thought it was adorable :D On the days it was too horrid for her to go out, he'd pass some cabbage over the fence for her :D When we left, I'm sure he was more sad to see Rosie go than anything else! I swear he used to love catching her for cuddles and then bringing her home :D

Oh she LOVED them :D Every time she escaped, we'd find her there! It also didn't matter what we tried to do... she'd find a way to get out!

Luckily, our elderly neighbou thought it was adorable :D On the days it was too horrid for her to go out, he'd pass some cabbage over the fence for her :D When we left, I'm sure he was more sad to see Rosie go than anything else! I swear he used to love catching her for cuddles and then bringing her home :D

I can picture a busy little Rosie digging away to get to those cabbages.

Was probably something he looked forward to, as well.

I got one yesterday that was found on the Lickey Hills being chased by someones dog.

I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to release any rabbit into the wild, but this little fella was obviously loved and handled a lot as he's sooo friendly.

Don't know what the heck I'm going to do with him though if I can't get him into a rescue:shock:.

Sea, in my siggie, was an elderly stray found wandering the street in Birmingham about 2 years ago - she's an amazingly sweet bun too!

Poor Giles! :shock:

Am **sooo** glad he's now all better thanks to a super-bunneh-mummeh, bless him! How anyone can do that....... beyond words!! :cry::cry:

Still, fantastic to see how the difference in him now! :love: :love:

Hollie was found by someone and handed in to BARC. She was only a baby - not even old enough to be spayed - often wonder how she came to be wandering about at that age especially when she's such a cutie-bun', bless her.

I've not rescued one but where I volunteer there's one that was found in the local play park and there used to be one who was roaming around a Sainsburys car park at Christmas :( There's been more but I can't remember them all!

I got one yesterday that was found on the Lickey Hills being chased by someones dog.

I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to release any rabbit into the wild, but this little fella was obviously loved and handled a lot as he's sooo friendly.

Don't know what the heck I'm going to do with him though if I can't get him into a rescue:shock:.

Sea, in my siggie, was an elderly stray found wandering the street in Birmingham about 2 years ago - she's an amazingly sweet bun too!

It was your thread yesterday that made me think about this.

How is he doing ?

Sea is a very sweet, super cute bunny. :wave:

It was your thread yesterday that made me think about this.

How is he doing ?

Sea is a very sweet, super cute bunny. :wave:

He's doing really well, but appears to want to just sit in my arms - he's a very snuggly bun and will spend ages just chinning my fingers. He doesn't even move away when I open the run lid, but sits to be picked up. Someone must have loved him once.

He hasn't worked out what the pellets are, so I guess he may have been fed on museli, but I haven't got any of that.
I've give him a bit of A&P, a bit of SS and a bit of Excel to see which one he'll eat, but he has had grass and some veggies.

He's doing really well, but appears to want to just sit in my arms - he's a very snuggly bun and will spend ages just chinning my fingers. He doesn't even move away when I open the run lid, but sits to be picked up. Someone must have loved him once.

He hasn't worked out what the pellets are, so I guess he may have been fed on museli, but I haven't got any of that.
I've give him a bit of A&P, a bit of SS and a bit of Excel to see which one he'll eat, but he has had grass and some veggies.

Sounds like he was loved. Wonder if he is really missing his home ?

I remember your thread said it seemed he was dumped. How tragic. :cry:

Sounds like he was loved. Wonder if he is really missing his home ?

I remember your thread said it seemed he was dumped. How tragic. :cry:

Well he was found at the Lickey Hills - a massive woodland area that is full of wildlife etc - just the sort of place someone would think of to dump a rabbit.
There are very few houses where he was found, and the ones that are there are like £m's and have 100ft drives, so he'd have had to come a fair way to get to the car parking area.

He'll be sorted now though - I'll either get him rehomed or find a way to squeeze him in here if no-one wants him.

We get several a year that have been dumped. Anita and Biscuit were found as strays in different parts of Ireland. They were brought here because the rescue in ireland couldnt rehome them. They have now got a new home, but they are staying with me until after their 2nd vaccine. Both are spayed.
Last year we took in a white nethie and her baby who had been dumped in an allotment. Both buns were drastically underweight. The mother bun had half an ear severed. We spayed mum and vaccinated both of them (baby was too little to spay) and both went to live with the people who originally found them. The baby has since been spayed too, and both are happy little buns.

Well he was found at the Lickey Hills - a massive woodland area that is full of wildlife etc - just the sort of place someone would think of to dump a rabbit.
There are very few houses where he was found, and the ones that are there are like £m's and have 100ft drives, so he'd have had to come a fair way to get to the car parking area.

He'll be sorted now though - I'll either get him rehomed or find a way to squeeze him in here if no-one wants him.

That is sad. Is there any possiblity he dug his way out of a garden and then got lost. (I like to think the best of people). Sadly though, if you read one of my posts above, my rich cousins husband and assuming with her full knowledge, did this. I full ashamed this is a member of my family. I only hope someone found them.

Your rescue bunny sounds delightful.

I love hearing rescue stories :love: A friend of mine found a box in the woods with 2 bunnies in, a dutch and an english. They were extremely lucky, they were only found because of my friend's dog finding them and leading her to them. :D

Charlottemc on here rescued Harry off the streets. :D

Back