• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has insurance for their rabbits?

We dont have insurance but I put £30 a month into a savings account. If we draw it we loose interest but hey ho. This has stood us in good stead so far with Dillons vets bills being in excess of 4k by the end. My worry is when something happens we pay it happily from this account then feel a little fraught till it builds back up again.
The account is not online (my vet are fine with this) and we have to take the book into branch to draw it!

Thanks so much for your input everyone. It's interesting to hear all of your setups. All four of my buns are age 5+, so I think I'll continue as I am now and take from my emergency fund whenever such situations happen (which thankfully, isn't super frequently for the most part).

I'm with petplan always have been but lately prices been increasing dramatically at moment £24 month for 5+ year old bun, excuses for why so much they say risk he poses to them. It's ridiculous also because area live in they say increases it
Any future bunnies then I'm going to insure with agria

I’ve never insured my bunnies but I have paid thousands over the years in vet bills. Last year two bunnies cost £500 EACH within two weeks of each other. Barney stopped eating and Odin got bitten on the face through a fence and the infection nearly had him. Both were hospitalised. A few years ago Wanda had her leg amputated which cost about £800. These are all with my 20% colleague discount as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back