• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which of your bunnies did you gain in 2010?

I got Sophie this year after sadly losing my little nethie "Rosie" aka "littleboots", who lived with my lionhead boy Treacle

Sophie was in Bunny Burrows known as Trisha the Trasher!! and couldnt be bonded as everyone bullied her.... Treacle took to her straight away
(both in my sig pic) they are so in love and she trashes no more!!:D:D

ok here goes
Feb We started fostering Paddy and Benjii who was reomed by Rosie on here
Then we got Penny and Rowan We ended up adoptin Rowan who sadly had to be put to sleep after breaking her back
Penny was adopted by somone but ended up coming back to us after it didn't work out.
Then came daisy and george and Teddy
Then I helped with a rescue of 12 bunnys and ended up bringing HOPE home to foster as she was so underweight and had just had a litter or babies what didn't make it and prob was pregnant again because the male was still in with her. She was and gave birth to 7 babies we ended up keeping 2 off the babies Muff and Ava.

Then we got peter in from our vet after being found running about in a field .
Then Toby came to stay for a wee while with us after being in the rescue for over a year . He was neutered and feel in Love with Ava and Hope so was bonded with them.

Then came Jake from the rescue who we still have looking for a home.

This year I also adopted Thumbelina .Tinkerbell,Lilyrose through rescues here

In Oct we desided to open up ourself as a rescue, We now have ,Jake , Willow,Gizmo ,Anton ,Meg ,May looking for homes

So this year in total we have required 26 bunnys with us adopting 10 of them.No wonder my hubby says NO MORE. but all the rescue bunnys will be staying till they find there forever homes

I got Hilary in August. She was 10 weeks old (aww). :love:

Basil arrived on the 1st so just missed out on 2010. His owners were moving abroad so they put an ad on Gumtree :)?) and gave him to me. :love:

s4toqe.jpg

We got Mabel who was found wandering around near us.
People knew we loved rabbits so took her in,she was so loving and tame decided to keep her after desparately trying to find her owners.
She then gave birth to six babies all survived the cold weather and we have kept Muffin.Hopefully try and bond Mabel and Muffin with Molly and Joker.:wave:

I got Jess and Chlo (very big dwarf lops! :?) in February, Benedict (a psycho puppy - Jack russell cross fox terrier) in April then lost Peter (the perfect rabbit) in November and got Otis (mini lop) in December.

I want more but my husband says we have enough! (We have three cats and 4 fish).

Rabbits.
We took in Mallow ( pledge a pound bunny) who was an injured stray handed into our vet.
Katie came next, she was going to be PTS because her owner couldn't cope with her eye condition.
Betsey came at the end of the year, her owner had moved to uni and his parents didn't feel they gave her enough time- she's 5.

Birds.
We also took in 25 ex-laying quail, 12 ex commercial hens, Truffle the cockeral and Kermit the drake. We also added Fiona and Mango the kakarikis, they came because Mango has a defromed beak and eye so needs a but of extra TLC.
Monty the wood pigeon is now also a permanent resident.

Cats.
We had Pudding come in an awful state and she was not expected to survive. Loki was next, he was well but nowhere had room for him and he was going to be PTS. Fluffy came via another rescue with a raging hyperthyroid problem, and now has heart failure. Mr Tomsk was a stray who moved in and became part of the family. Helga was going to be PTS for peeing in the house and was massively overweight- now on a diet her peeing has sorted itself out too. Donald was a very ill old stray handed into our vet, we were asked to take him until he passed on, but with some meds and TLC he is doing very well. Finally Urchin a feral kitten came, he was going to be PTS because again, no rescues could take him- he is slowly settling in, under Mr Tomsk's wing.

Guinea pigs.
We took in Tansy and Nutmeg for another rescue, sadly we recently lost Tansy due to a ruptured ovarian cyst.

Small furries-
We took in Murray the mouse who had been found dumped in a garden in a 'tiny' cage.
We also took in 8 rats this year- Polly, who had been dumped and we were asked by another rescue if she could join our girls. We had Agnes for 3 short days, she arrived with severe breathing problems and sadly passed away. We then took in 4 girls called- Lucy, Eliza, Luna and Greta. Merlin and Wart joined the crew, their owners didn't have time for them and they were rehomed to us.

Lastly we took in 4 pigs- Wilbur, Olive, Patsy and Kerry.

Sebastian arrived in feb of 2010
then Mae joined us in may of 2010
from June through to october I have had 8 foster cats, Gilly the cat flu cat, Mikey the kitten, Bingo, Bonus, Moo, Bert and Pixie who were the cheese kittens (originally Camembert, Gouda, Stilton, Gryuere and insert forgotten name :p ) and then my baby Panther Ming, all have been rehomed apart from Ming who has moved on to another foster home :(
In December Pudding the hamstr joined us and the shortly after Boris the snake joined our family :)

Jenson is our first rabbit. I've always wanted rabbits and finally he's here.
Next steps are to rabbit proof (more NIC panels are on order), this will give us more space as well as Jenson because his run takes up so much of the room!!!
Then in the future a girlfriend for him but not just yet.

I gained Alice bunny and 4 boy gerbils (all rescues and rather unplanned but very much loved).

hmmm ... I gained ...

I got Magic nov 19th 2009 so almost 2010 :love:

but in 2010 .. in order :oops:

Buffy & Angel
Xander & Rose
Sonny & Storm
Spike
Anya
Krystal
Shaddow (but he has now went to his new home)

We didn't gain any bunnies during 2010! (tho had lots of foster & bonding visitors). We did adopt 2 more guineas though when we lost Gidgit .... and then Winnie 'found' us when she was spotted wandering in a park! :shock:

Erm we gained

Herge and Tin Tin
Tabi and Aslan
Abi and Archie (permanent foster)
Blue and Crackers

:oops::oops: :love::love:

Back