• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which do you prefer - Unusual bunnies or average bunnies?

Which do you prefer - Unusual bunnies or average bunnies?

• I like unusual bunnies

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • I like normal boring bunnies

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters
I do like unusual bunnies... after all I have lionheads, a lionhead lop, French Lop, Frenchie x Conti and a Champagne D'Argent... But that doesn't stop me from adopting "normal" bunnies of which I have and have had a few too. :love:

Vera

I'm a sucker for all bunnies - I can't walk past them or look at pics without wanting them all. I have bought some pretty buns - ie Bailey is a harlequin but at the same time if I see a plain black bunny I still want to take him home.

I am the first to admit that I was excited about the English Lop Jill (Honeybunny) was getting in (that turned out not to be)I would have also offered it a forever home, may have been for selfish reasons because i have always wanted one but at least I am prepared to waited until one was going to turn up in a rescue and not go and get one from a breeder.

I wasn't having a personnel go at anyone in particular, I wasn't aware that you were one of the interested parties :)

We have had an English lop here, we didn't know her breed when we offered her a home, we just offered a rescue a space for 2 special buns and they were the ones that arrived. :)

Evie was the most wonderful bunny with so many problems, many caused by horrific breeding conditions :( Her ears caused her so many problems and they were so sore :( It broke my heart and if I could have put her in a "normal" rabbit body I would have done. So I guess I am a bit touchy when it comes to English lops :( But my problems , as always, are with the breeders

Hmm, im a mixed one :lol:

I went for Gracie (my gorgeous english lop) because i had always wanted one and she had been on RR so sooooo long, i decided to drop jane Dexter a line and the rest is history. Gracie is the most amazing bunny, and while i do agree it is a rather cruel breed with the ears and all, i would take another in a heart beat, i love them :love:.

But then i also love the slightly wonky rabbits too, such as my 3 legged Bigwig and almost blind Summer. However, when i reserved Bigwig he was not bonded, so i asked Kareen to try and bond him with Holly (english butterfly) because English are one of my all time fave breeds (naughty me :oops: that was a bit shallow of me). However, if Biggs did not like Holly i would have happily taken the girl he chose.

But then, Giles found me. He was dumped at morrisons and was handed to me in a terrible way. He is a medium/large english cross something i guess.

I think i would be more inclined to pick and older/slightly disabled bunny over one of my favoured breeds, because i feel for them and feel i know enough to give them a good life.

I wasn't having a personnel go at anyone in particular, I wasn't aware that you were one of the interested parties :)

We have had an English lop here, we didn't know her breed when we offered her a home, we just offered a rescue a space for 2 special buns and they were the ones that arrived. :)

Evie was the most wonderful bunny with so many problems, many caused by horrific breeding conditions :( Her ears caused her so many problems and they were so sore :( It broke my heart and if I could have put her in a "normal" rabbit body I would have done. So I guess I am a bit touchy when it comes to English lops :( But my problems , as always, are with the breeders

No probs;):D:lol:

I think we'll end up with whatever bunnies steal our hearts... and I don't really have a particular type or breed in mind.

I do like Dutch rabbits though and have to admit that the pair up for rehoming have really tugged at me. :( I've read that post tons of times even though I know that there's no way we can have them at the moment.

Most of my pets have been whatever needed a home and their colouring was an added bonus, lol.

Character matters a lot more to me than looks though.

I like all bunnies. I have 3 mixed breeds and 1 (maybe) english lop. I didnt choose any of them because I was looking for a particular breed, I chose them cos I fell in love with them.

That said I do prefer small buns to the giant ones. My 3 mixed breeds are all small. I will probably change my mind as Mopsy (english lop) grows. She's 17 weeks and already as big as my fully grown small buns!

I've never been one for bunnies with lop ears I like up ear ones myself, my Tigerlilly does seem to have 2 very clear stripes going across her back end although the photo on the site I got her from only showed her face and I thought she was just ever so cute looking I had to have her.

Well, if i was to have another bunny it would be a Conti. Since having Ronnie, contis are definately my 'favourite' breed. However, i also have 'normal' bunnies :? Lottie and George are both dwarf lops and i adore them as much as i do Ronnie :)

Ive voted unusual, as i guess conti's arent your normal average joe bloggs bunny :)

How strange, I was looking at my outside bunch earlier and laughing because the boys are so funny looking :lol: I've got 3 of the greatest crosses EVER and 2 very plain but very pretty bunnies. I do like unusual bunnies, but I don't click with them they way I have with mine. I mean, when I saw Peaches in RIN I was almost crying because I couldn't have her (but then I could) but she's nothing unusual.

Lets start with the crosses:

Nibbles: Nethie x lionhead with black & white dutch markings. She looks like a cat.

Wookie: French lop x lionhead. He's TINY for a frenchie (only 2.2kg and he's fully grown) but he's long like a frenchie and has massive feet and a tail so he's like a mini-french :). He's also stupidly fluffy and is a gorgeous brown colour that I've not seen before :)

And then there's Wuzzle. Never seen another bunny like him. Thinking of intoducing him to the BRC :lol::lol::lol:

My "plain" bunnies:

Dylan my agouti beauty and Peaches my lovely pretty ginger girl :love::love:

I prefer normal looking bunnies, normal fur length, normal ear length, normal body size. I don't like any of the extreme breeds, but I like bunnies which look cheeky and have a cheeky character. I would not get a lionhead normally, but my foster bunny Luke was such a character that we all fell in love with him, even though he didn't really look like a bunny. :lol:
Snoopy and Penny both looked quite cheeky on the photos, and the rescue owners told me about their character before I adopted them. Luna was the cheekiest of the babies that Janice was fostering when I visited her. I admit that I chose Sunnie because I liked her colour, but also because Amy told me about her parents' characters. I never saw a photo of Cloud when I decided to take him off someone who had advertised him on Gumtree, they said "a 7-week old beige mini lop" to me. But what a character he is!!! :lol:

Ok ok, so I am drooling over every chinchilla coloured bunny I see, but I have never owned one. :)

For me it doesn't matter what the bunny looks like - it depends on their need, temprament etc & who I intend them to live with :) As you can probably tell from the mixed bunch we've got - everything from Tiny Tim a nethie up to Emily & Archie as contis plust everything in between :love::love::love: Although I do have a thing for black bunnies as our first house bun Roscoe was all black & he started my obsession :shock::lol:

Back