• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to start??

Laura325630

Young Bun
Hi all, Im sure this has been posted many many times but I am a bit stumped as to how to start the bonding process!

We picked up our new bunny last night! We now have Blossom, a spayed 8 month old mini lop and Benjamin who is 9 weeks old. They are in hutches near each other and their runs are about 2 inches apart. They were closer but Blossom tried to attack through it!

Today Blossom bit me for the first time. I only picked something up from in front of her. Its very unlike her to be aggressive.

I have just ordered a new run that can be their neutral territory.

What do I do next?! Put them in together and see what happens? I will be ready with heavy duty gloves etc to break them apart should they fight. Do I wait until Benjamin is neutered?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. There is so much info on the internet that I am a bit lost now.

I'm new to this too and as you can from my post below this my first bonding session hasalready knocked my confidence. I'd definitely wait until Benjamin is neutered though, I was given that advice on here a while ago. Definitely wouldn't be a good idea to bond yet anyway as he is still new and needs time to settle. My Toby is 4 months old so I've had him since he was 8 weeks old. He was neutered 2 and a half weeks ago so am only just starting the bonding process now after having him since early May. Blossom may have just reacted like that to smelling him and has become territorial but should hopefully settle.

Back