• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to buy a shed / any you recommend ?

Ok so my bun already has a 6x4 shed but I'm looking to get him a larger one as il be bonding him again soon hopefully and he got a new run for christmas.
Iv got enough money for a good size shed so where do you recommend buying from?
Or are there any sheds in particular you'd recommend ? It can be really any size so long as it's not obviously massive
Then I can use his current shed for storage ( bales of hay etc) :)

I bought from wilkinsons who use a company called waltons. They were pretty good.

Just make sure you get a Tongue and Groove or Shiplap shed. (ie not overlap)

That's the site iv been looking at what do you mean by a couple of small problems ?

They didn't send enough felt for the roof, and the tacks were rubbish! Luckily I already had some felt and I bought some better tacks, so I didn't bother to complain.

There was also an error in the instructions (they use the same instructions for different sized sheds :roll:) which wasted a bit of time. And a couple of pieces of wood were warped.

I'm sure if I'd bothered to complain they would have done something about it. :oops: Overall I'm happy with the quality for the price. So happy, I bought a second one! :lol:

I bought from wilkinsons who use a company called waltons. They were pretty good.

Just make sure you get a Tongue and Groove or Shiplap shed. (ie not overlap)

We used waltons for our shed and it was really good and went together well and easy. :D

Mine was from a local shed/outdoor building company in Birmingham.

I'd recommend going that route rather than B&Q, Homebase etc, as the quality is poor for the money you're paying.

A bonus from getting our shed locally was free delivery and they put it up for us for an extra £10-it took them 15 minutes and is incredibly sturdy and solid. We can also get free varnish whenever we need it from them.

I recommend Beast Sheds

I have been looking around different forums to try and decide what company to go with and found a positive correlation with a company called Beast Sheds. I have to say that I was very impressed with the whole process from initially viewing the website to them coming and erecting the shed. The shed that I purchased was a 8x6 S1 Tanalised Standard shed. I went for this as it offered more than enough room for what I needed, it also offered up alot of natural light so didnt feel poky and dark, which I think my rabbits were appreciative of :) . All be it to say that I was a very pleased customer as it came with a rot resistant floor as well to keep my shed protected from the inevitable elements. I would definately recommend this company to anyone who wants a quality shed that will stand the test of time.

Last edited:
I have been looking around different forums to try and decide what company to go with and found a positive correlation with a company called Beast Sheds. I have to say that I was very impressed with the whole process from initially viewing the website to them coming and erecting the shed. The shed that I purchased was a 8x6 S1 Tanalised Standard shed. I went for this as it offered more than enough room for what I needed, it also offered up alot of natural light so didnt feel poky and dark, which I think my rabbits were appriciative of :) . All be it to say that I was a very pleased customer as it came with a rot resistant floor as well to keep my shed protected from the inevitable elements. I would definately recommend this company to anyone who wants a quality shed that will stand the test of time.

This thread is 2 years old :wave:

Two years old or not...not sure about tannalised wood in a bunny shed. Although we've had two sheds from the afore mentioned company, we made sure that only the floor was tannalised and we covered that in vinyl.

I got my sheds from Garden Buildings Direct. There were a couple of small problems, but they're cheap with fast delivery. I'd recommend them. :wave:

I wouldnt use them again. my shed was bought last year with them and is in a dreadful state now, all the wood has warped and door doesnt and has never fitted properly... Cheap and nasty in my opinion, not worth it... Sorry.. :(

Back