• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where is your bunny living in your house?

Technically they live in a hutch in the garden.....
But whenever I am home they are free range house... except my mum and step dads bedroom... and if they decide they are sleeping with me, then they are free range in my bedroom.

mady moo is in our bedroom. she has a cage when we're not in and comes out but has to be supervised when my husband is home, when he's not i let her out and get on with other things.
at night we move her cage to the hallway or she will wake us up

when we move she will be in the living room :D

my house bunnies live in the utility room/kitchen. Although I do have one in the downstairs toilet while I'm bonding.

they have free range of the downstairs whenever me or my husband are in the house.

toby does like sneaking upstairs when we are not looking and sleep under the bed :lol: :lol:

Rudy's crate is usually in the hallway under the stairs so he gets to monitor all the to-ing and fro-ing when hes not actually running loose. Hes temp in the dining room at the mo as we have had some decorating being done

I have a dilemma as I am having to move back into my 1 bed house as we have sold our house. We haven't yet found anywhere so gave our tenants the section 21 (the boot) and are moving in there until we find somewhere. trouble is... my family and cage sizes have extended somewhat since I left there!! Harvey now has the sized cage that didn't fit in the house and I also have 3 rats now. Gawds knows where i will put them!! no garden either!!

I have considered getting rid of the cage altogether and just having a corner with a box and litter tray and leaving him totally free range.... hmmm will have to see how that goes.

I have considered getting rid of the cage altogether and just having a corner with a box and litter tray and leaving him totally free range.... hmmm will have to see how that goes

I havent had any problems with mine free range in my room :D They have a corner with a piece of vetbed and their litter trays and food bowls. Just so long as there are no wires around they are pretty good :lol:

sillyrabbit said:
I have considered getting rid of the cage altogether and just having a corner with a box and litter tray and leaving him totally free range.... hmmm will have to see how that goes

I havent had any problems with mine free range in my room :D They have a corner with a piece of vetbed and their litter trays and food bowls. Just so long as there are no wires around they are pretty good :lol:

Have you any pics? Where to you hang hay mangers and bottles etc?
I think i might try and phase out the cage and move over to a corner like you say. I have plenty vetbed and litter trays. I also have one of those massive cat hidey houses things with the hole in the front. he might use that....

Sure :D

This is my room bunny proofed :wink:

000_0944.jpg

000_0943.jpg

000_0941.jpg

000_0951.jpg

That was before the buns came up though they have a few boxes to play in and a covered litter tray to hide in. Oh and food bowls which arent in the pics :lol:

Here are some of Beau in my room

000_1024.jpg

000_10091.jpg

000_1049.jpg

000_10131.jpg

000_1046.jpg

He likes to make a mess though :lol: The others arent that messy :D The hay rack I couldnt think how to attach it to anything so its stood in the corner. But he eats any hay I put in there straight away then chucks it about, he has 3 boxes filled with hay that he lays in and nibbles at :D

Also I just give them a bowl of water, but mine will use their bowls to drink out of before their bottles anyway so its not a problem that they dont have a bottle up there :D

Is that where they live? or just have time out? because I am thinking that kind of thing as a permanent feature mainly as my front room is not big enough for the cage. I could put it in the kitchen, but he hates the skiddy flooring. Alternatively I might get a temp smaller cage as his base until we move, thats if he prefers to have a "cage" at the moment he spends most time in there on his hammock, only coming out for a race round or some noserubs! or to scrounge a riveta at the kitchen door! :lol:

Im too scared to leave anything on the floor or it will get chewed :shock: :lol:

They have all lived in my room like that at some point. Scarlett was in there about a month. Trip was in about 5 months because he was so good and I loved having him up there :D Buu stayed in my old room in pretty much the same set up for about 3 months when we first got her. Um Beau has been up there a few weeks, but since last sunday he has been up there with his girlfriend Buu :D

There hang out time when they are living outside is downstairs :lol:

They have all been pretty good, Beau is the only one to chuck hay about the room :lol: There isnt anything they can chew or destroy and they have loads of toys. None of them have any trouble walking on the floor. They are usually flopped in the middle of the room when I get home from work waiting for some attention :lol: They sleep in one of the cardboard boxes and all use the litter trays. Trip even slept on my bed at night and would just jump down to his litter tray if he needed then come back up :D

Back