• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When your OH isn't as into rabbits as you are!

My husband tolerates our house bunny. My kids and I managed to convince him about getting a pet. I do all the cleaning and vets trips and most the feeding, although the kids share the feeding sometimes. Unfortunately everytime my husband starts to come round to our bunny and give him affection my bunny nibbles a wire or something which puts him off again- so far its been mostly my husbands things which hasn't helped! On odd occasions I do catch him giving Trixie a long head stroke and he must do it in such a good way because of the look on Trixies face is of complete relaxation! Then Trixie will lick him, lick his jeans and then nibble them and then he'll get annoyed again! Whoops! I've tried to explain Trixie is grooming and he's nibbling because he's trying to clean him but that doesn't help. He knows I love our bunny and means a lot to me so he does ask how he is and cares that we all care. I'm sure he'll love him one day!

My "I'd rather have a dog" OH adores Will and Nancy. Although they're my rabbits he was the one who suggested I get them and who built their accommodation.

He helps with meds and cleaning and always accompanies on vet trips (Although never pays:lol:)but often pays for hay and food.

My OH does his best for the bunnies and oh man do they know it! He's very much 'food human' (I get the needing to hide treats from him, C&D :lol:) and they love him/his hands etc. When I'm away he'll clear them out and stuff, but he's not keen :) He doesn't do a great job but it's about as good as my half-bothered jobs! But he's always thinking of them, when we're out looking at forage or if we go shopping and they need a specific thing like a new litter tray or toy.

My OH does his best for the bunnies and oh man do they know it! He's very much 'food human' (I get the needing to hide treats from him, C&D :lol:) and they love him/his hands etc. When I'm away he'll clear them out and stuff, but he's not keen :) He doesn't do a great job but it's about as good as my half-bothered jobs! But he's always thinking of them, when we're out looking at forage or if we go shopping and they need a specific thing like a new litter tray or toy.

Boo says she likes your OH as he is very in tune with princess rabbits needs! I don't know if thats soley based on her getting non stop attention & nose rubs from him

Boo says she likes your OH as he is very in tune with princess rabbits needs! I don't know if thats soley based on her getting non stop attention & nose rubs from him
Maybe XD he's a massive softy for fluffs of all kinds. he loves cats but rabbits are a good substitute for now, he says, especially because we don't have to feel guilty about locking them in a massive cage all the time, and they're not fussed about human interaction, whereas if we got a cat he'd feel really guilty about leaving it :) His uncle has a 'perfect' dog, a little terrier-type (not tiny though), and she's what you want in a dog and he loves her too, but generally isn't into dogs :) TBH he'll sit and stroke any animals and it seems they know it too! I like that he also has a handle on reality as in what's realistic to do with animals and keeping them etc. :D

Back