• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When do you prefer to clean out your buns? Day or Night?

When do you prefer to clean out your buns? Day or Night?

• Early mornings- Get it out of the way first thing

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Throughout the daytime- I'm at home so i can spend the day cleaning the buns at my leisure

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Evenings- i work so i clean out mostly when i get back from work

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Night time- Late evenings when everything is quite and peaceful

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
I do a big clean out at weekends on a Sat morning. Litter trays get done in the week if they need it but the outdoor two aren't using them at the minute. They have taken to pooing all over their run at the minute!

I give them a quick tidy up in an evening after work and redo Bungles litter tray as he is inside.

I prefer cleaning them through the day, get it over with and so I can see what I'm doing. When it comes to feeding, watering and handling them I much prefer it at night though. I'm not sure why, I'm just a night person :lol:

I dont know........ I vary!!

I just love to have clean buns, my indoor buns I generally clean in the evening, my outdoor bun I will clean out during the morning/ early day so she can hop around free range and has a nice clean hutch for the rest of the day..... and I want her to gather heat in there during the evening.

I remember when my buns had babies many year ago (acciental litter) and I was cleaning them out 3 times a day because I was worried about flies..... I was even sweeping and hosing the grass :shock::roll:

Definitely during the day for me, I tried a cleaning by torch light a few nights ago and I don't think I'll ever do it again.

During the day, because I'm never up early in the mornings, I watch TV in the evenings and I'm on here at night :lol:

Thanks everyone, great to hear everyones routines and so on- it's interesting to see the daytime and evenings being primary cleaning times with early mornings and late evenings not being preferred at all.

I did the buns in the afternoon today to be fair and i did prefer being able to see what i was doing :)

I like to do them first thing, especially in summer as I like to have them clean before it gets hot and the flies come out.
Gets it out of the way aswell :wave:

Normally evenings after work so anytime after 7. It's easier as no trying to get kids ready and less stressful then mornings. Means I can have some good 1 to 1 time as everyones in bed :)

My rabbits are cleaned out daily because they use their sleeping area of their hutch as a toilet. Also, they poo all over their run which has hay in it, so I have to fish out the poos daily too. I do all this just before sunset, so depends on what time of year it is. In the winter, it's around 3pm, in the summer, it's around 8-9pm. If I know it's going to rain later in the day, I sometimes clean out the hutch after I've moved them into the run in the morning.

Back