• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When did you get your first rabbit??

We got our first bunnies 15 years ago. I was still at school and volunteered to look after a pair in the summer holidays.....and we never took them back :lol: , we had permission to keep them of course :D

Their names were Thumper and Bouncer :)

We have watched local wild rabbits for years. George and Fifi are our first rabbits of our own though. We love them dearly.

first bun was poppy when i was 8 (poppy was a boy so then changed to pops!) :shock:

Am now nearly 23! i have jimmy(rescue) and cookie, boris and lola (rescue), flossy (who sadly just lost monty) and mrs molly the rescue frenchie. Bagel another rescue is soon to follow... just bloomin love them all to bits x

I had my first rabbit when I was about 8. He was called Peter and he was a gorgeous friendly rabbit who we unfortunately lost to myxi. Didn't know about vaxs and stuff then and he used to wander the woods near where we lived - he always came home when I came home from school tho - must have bumped into a wild bun while he was out.

i have always had buns apart for a few years when i lived in a flat i love them dearley but of cuse snow is the love of my life thinking of snow she wants her breckfast better feed her :lol: :lol:

I got my first two rabbits last summer from a rescue. They were 4 at the time and i was 23! i've since become obsessed with rabbits and my lovely rolo and ozzie!!!
my gosh thy're nearly 5!!!

I got my first rabbit (Bundle) in Feb 2004. She was a Valentine's prezzie from my hubby and was the BESTEST prezzie I've ever had! :D

I got my first rabbit when i had just turned 23 in october 2005. I had wanted bunnies for ages and after careful planning and discussion with husband went out and got two with my birthday money. I have had seven rabbits in total but lost two :(

im now left with a happy group of five

I got a bunny when I was about 5 or 6, she was called misty, and she was kept in quite a small hutch, but the door was never locked. Then a few years later my sis came home from an evil animal fair with a tiny bunny, and we just put it straight in with the other one, and everything was fine. I have no idea how, because he was a he and she was a she, we never had babies!!!!

The last year I got my two boys, then one had to move to my friends house and I got a girl bun!

I got my first one when I was about 5 as a present from my sister. Poor thing was my sole responsibility, it was huge! He used to chuck a big ceramic food bowl out at me when i opened the hutch to feed him. I only had him about 2 weeks. (I hope he didn't die I don't remember what happened to him) :oops: Then I got 2 dutch 'reject' babies from my school farm when I was 12. They had a shed and I used to go sit in there and read to them, they climbed all over me and I loved them. I also had a nethie who had the run of the garden most of the time. All three got adopted by my neighbour when he moved, he loved them and I had lots of guinea-pigs and a dog and cat at the time.

Then I had a big gap and got Molly nearly 2 years ago now.

i had my first rabbit when i was about six. i used to help mum with her everyday. she was really territorial though, and would lunge at us, so i was always quite wary of her, though i absoltuely adored her. i used to sit for hours with her in the garden, where she was as sweet as anything. she was huge though lol, i don't know what she was as we got her from our vet as a stray. she lasted till she was about 10 years old lol.

i had a break then. i've always lvoed animals though, and did my work experience last year at the rspca. i'd wanted a rabbit for awhile then, but the ones there just made mewant one even more. after about a year my parents finally agreed to let me have one. so we got cally, one week later we got dusty as a companion for her. they're fully bonded now after about 2 weeks. they're VERY friendly, and i spend a lot of time with them. i love my bunnies XD

Ruth xx

My first bunny was Storm who I got when I was about 11. She was a rescue bunny who was abused :( before we got her. Her teeth were in awful condition. She never used to move about much but occasionally i would see her jump for joy every now and then. She was 10 when she died and I had her for 8 years. I remember not going to see her the night before as I had been out and I went to see her in the morning and she had died in her hutch :( To this day we don't know what caused her death (we concluded old age).

I was soooooooooo upset....think its one of the most upsetting days to date!! Only a few days later my boyfriend had got my a baby bunny (molly) then a year later we got Jessica then just recently Humphrey (who sadly died). Its only in the past two years that I have become absolutely obsessed with them though...... very odd!!

My brother had rabbits in little hutches way out back when I was little--my parents served them to us for supper as "chicken" whenever there was a population increase. They never believed in trips to the vet for pets!
About 10 years ago, we rescued an old white rabbit that someone had "set free" and my parents found it in their yard. They had put it in an old cat carrier and thought would be a fine home for it. It could barely turn around, much less stand on it's back legs or get exercise! We fixed it up with a large hutch and 16 foot by 5 foot run, and it lived another 3 years, until it died of old age.
Seven years ago we got two rabbits from a litter a friend had --they were born in a hole in the ground in their fenced in yard even though the parents were domesticated pets. One was white with black spots and the other was black with white spots--they were named Milky and Silky. Silky died of fright in a sudden thunderstorm. Milky died just a year ago of an abscess that wouldn't respond to medications.
Cookie we got about 3 weeks ago.

Well, I was forty something, when my 20 year od son, bought home our first rabbit Puff :bunny: . Needless to say, I ended up looking after her. Did'nt know a thing about them :? , so bought loads of books and found out as much as I could. We got another one, Flo, thought 2 females would get on together. :oops: :oops: Got 2 males to keep them company, but put them together too soon after they were done and Flo had a litter of 7 babies :shock: . So then I had 11 :!: :!: :!: Then one of the girls dug her way out of run and then there were 18 :eek: . Rehomed most of the last litter. I lived in Hampshire then, and my son's friends gave me the title of 'the mad rabbit woman of Chandlers Ford' :shock: I now have a sensible 4, which is a more manageable number to cope with :thumb:

Back