• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what's your excess on pet insurance

What's the best way to approach that conversation? I might try that next year, but would have no idea what to say!
It's generally something like...

Me: Hi, how are you? I was just wondering why my premium has increased by x amount as I've not made any claims on my girls since having them insured. They're still young and healthy so I'm not really understanding why it's increased.

Them: well it's a routine increase with market fluxation. There isn't much I can really do about it.

Or...

Them: it's just our routine yearly increase as it happens on all our policies to follow with fluxation in the market. Also as they're getting older they may be more prone to x, y & z but let me see what I can do for you.

If the first response I always asked to be passed onto a manager or supervisor as they'll have more play on reducing it down.

I never challenge my first increase as it's normally just from losing my online discount, but after that I tend to always challenge.

:)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Daisy's excess is £70, she is 6.5 years old and I have constant claims on the go for her daily metacam. Her recent illness though has now totalled over £1200, so I'm getting very worried now, as the new insurance year only started a couple of months ago, and we are already getting close to the annual limit :(

I called up and the excess has gone up as she is 5 years old. I'm going with nci as they insure bunnies til 7 years old and excess is £55. Also about the same price £140 a year and £2000 of vet fees and £750 complementary medicine. Most others won't take my little doughnut on as think she's old!

Back