• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What's Wrong With Sir Victor ?-U/D 28th April Post 27

Really hope he perks up. I was going to ask whether you had stopped the NSAIDs with the kidney query. Maybe being a bit groggy is putting him off?

Possible I guess :?

He has been quite good this afternoon after one 'episode' at about mid-day :cry: It didn't last as long as yesterday's really bad one, but still its awful to see his abdomen disappear under his ribcage and him walking instead of hopping :cry:

Thing is as soon as the acute episode resolves Victor starts eating and behaving almost as normal :? I find it hard to understand how what is obviously a severe pain does not leave any residual tenderness :?

Roll on tomorrow, I just want to find out what's wrong with him :cry:

Sending loads of get well vibes for Victor :love::love: Hope it's somehting that can be sorted out and he gets better soon.

Sorry, I posted another thread in photos and forgot to update this one !! :oops:

Not wishing to tempt fate here but I cant quite believe what has happened......

Basically when Victor had that really protracted 'tucked-up' attack on Saturday he was started on Baytril, along with other things. He had another attack later that day ond one on Sunday at about midday. Since then.....................NOTHING, ZILCH, ZIPPO !! :? :shock:

I spoke with Gill (Vet who was to do the U/S) on Tuesday and she suggested we 'wait and see', especially given how badly Victor travels. C has seen some pics of Victor during an attack and has also examined him 3 times. She remains reasonably sure that it is not a urolith/kidney problem........

Neither C nor G can think of any possible diagnosis to account for the symptoms and the fact that they *appear* to have responded to Baytril.......... :?

In himself Victor is absolutely fine and busy stripping the garden of every last blade of grass........ :roll:

So 'wait and see' is what we will do. He will stay on Baytril for 10 days and I guess only time will tell as to whether further investigations will be needed.

A real mystery this one :?

Sorry, I posted another thread in photos and forgot to update this one !! :oops:

Not wishing to tempt fate here but I cant quite believe what has happened......

Basically when Victor had that really protracted 'tucked-up' attack on Saturday he was started on Baytril, along with other things. He had another attack later that day ond one on Sunday at about midday. Since then.....................NOTHING, ZILCH, ZIPPO !! :? :shock:

I spoke with Gill (Vet who was to do the U/S) on Tuesday and she suggested we 'wait and see', especially given how badly Victor travels. C has seen some pics of Victor during an attack and has also examined him 3 times. She remains reasonably sure that it is not a urolith/kidney problem........

Neither C nor G can think of any possible diagnosis to account for the symptoms and the fact that they *appear* to have responded to Baytril.......... :?

In himself Victor is absolutely fine and busy stripping the garden of every last blade of grass........ :roll:

So 'wait and see' is what we will do. He will stay on Baytril for 10 days and I guess only time will tell as to whether further investigations will be needed.

A real mystery this one :?

Well if you are mysitified then its a mystery Jane.:?

Hopefully the attcks will stop thinking of him anyway

Glad to hear he is doing much better. Could it not have been just a transient thing, like a spasm, and the baytril doing and improvement in signs is just coincidental? You did give him quite a few drugs at once so its hard to know which were having a positive effect, if any? But i guess if its working then fair enough!

Back