• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would your ideal setup be?

My amazing dad has hired a guy to design a shed/run combo for when we move to our new house! My ideal set up is actually happening! :love:

A 10ft x 10ft 'garden building', properly insulated with a radiator and a dimable ceiling light. There would be 2 double glazing windows opening so that when it rained the rain would run off them rather than blowing in. They'd have pretty curtains. The floor would be bare in summer, just wood, and in winter I'd have down large turtle mats. The walls would be painted a light colour, maybe pale blue, with a cute bunny border. I'd have a 5ft double hutch with legs tall enough for the buns to run underneath, a comfy but easy to clean chair and a quality wooden storage chest. None of them would be fitted so I could move them around each week. The door would have a hook on the back for coats, and a weld mesh gate that could slide across, so the rabbits could have the door open without goig on the grass. The avairy would be 10ft x 6ft (all there's room for I'm afraid) with a door that locks from the inside as well as the outside. It'd be just grass, but with a small path of slabs leading from the aviary door to the shed door.

But yeah, I've hardly thought about it really...

A Bunny room downstairs, filled with shelves, toys, chew mats etc. with a tunnel leading to a whole bunny proof garden, even with a covered roof (mesh) and under turf mesh. The garden would be full of bunny safe plants, and the hutch they have now but with a catflap into it so they could decide where they wanted to be.

I love mine free ranging indoors so I wouldnt change that, but I would LOVE a huge bunny proofed garden for them to play in in the summer :love:

Hmm, either a dog kennel, or a seperate bit of the garden all fenced off and covered like an aivary

ETA: Thats in my current situation where they can only be outside. I had this dream once I had a huge room/garage kind of thing, walls all white and the floor covered in lino, it looked quite posh and was split up into different pens for the rabbits, that'd be pretty cool :lol:

they would have a whole room to themselves, as big as possible.
with shelves, things to climb. giant tunnels, hundereds of toys and digging boxes and things.
then a 20 ft run outside, or an avairy for summer days, and id want a wendyhouse to store everything in:)

Sherlock
Warren Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle View Post
I think a massive garden thats made into an aviary and has all the bunny plants and an orchard and a willow tree that has a stream running by and abridge over it...of course all underdug before hand with mesh laid with purpose built burrows next to a corridor which goes undergournd and has access to the burrows....for cleaning out etc. aaah wouldnt it be lovely

If money was really no object - I would have this. Making sure I had access to the burrows in case I needed to get a rabbit out easily - so the tunnels would need to have an easy side opening thing to them. I'd also have lots of lovely seating areas - bunny sort of height so that you could happily sit with the bunnies (inside and outside) for as long as they/you liked and enjoy the sunshine, or a cuddle, or read a book, or listen to the radio, or watch tv. Plus I'd have this set up x lots and lots and lots so that lots of bunnies could live happy wonderful lives.

So with all these bunnies would also be lots of full time paid bunny lovers (wouldn't that be a fantastic job - to be a well paid bunny lover). Plus the world expert vets (several so always covered over night etc.) for bunnies with on site facilities so that everything needed was there for any bunny being even a little poorly. Plus I'd also have huge fields so that all bunny food could be grown fresh on site, no chemicals, all organic, fresh things all year around. Hmmmmmm day dreaming....

I think I'd like to team up with Duchess (she has a beautiful dream for bunny rescue she once told me about) to combine dreams for loving homes, for rescue, for education etc. That's what I would do if money wasn't a problem.

count me in tooo....sounds perfect!:wave:

If money wasn't an issue, then rabbits wouldn't be sold as pets and i wouldn't have any, and neither would anyone else and we'd only be able to see them in their natural habitat, being perfect, as nature intended.

Thats my perfect setup.

If money was no object I would have a large air conditioned bunny room which led to the outdoors with lots of safe bunny space, I would also have my own veggie plot for them and home grown hay.

Hi Chelle,

Yep I'll count you in, as long as I can persuade the Duchess to join me of course hopefully she would :D

Back