• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What vacuum cleaner do you use?

I've got a Bosch cylinder pet one that has taken everything I've thrown at it for the past 8 years, dog hairs, lizard sand, locust muck, rabbit hay and my diy disasters :oops: :)

im a dyson killer haveing killer 4 and a bagless panasonic

ive now gone back to a bag, ive got an animal russel hobbs hasnt broke on me yet :lol:

Miele Cat & Dog :D

I have a Dyson Animal upstairs in my chinchilla room. The Dyson is brilliant, but between the two I prefer the Miele.

We've just bought one of these, it's fab. Previously we had a Morphy Richards pet one which was rubbish- clogged up all the time and needs emptying after every use- couldn't handle hay at all xx

I have a vax, a dyson and a hetty

I only use the vax to shampoo carpets, the Dyson is 6 years old and is only used in the utility (where all the animal stuff like grooming etc is done), and the Hetty is for in the house

Dyson is my fave

I've got a dyson animal (old version without ball) and have had it for 7 years now and its still going strong. Sometimes it has gone on strike but cleaning out the hay from roller thing did the job. Once I really thought it had died on me and even though I had no insurance on it I phoned the dyson helpline for advice (just to see) and they were lovely and told me to clean out the filter under a tap and leave to dry. Apparently you're meant to do this every 6 months (I'd never once done it!!:oops:) after that it worked like a dream! :)

I've seen this on a certain shopping channel(!) and have been so tempted. At present I have 2 - both Sebo - an upright and a cylinder - and as they are both working perfectly well I can't really justify yet another!:)

You would never regret it :wave:

I had an upright Dyson and the hay killed it!! I've had a Hetty ever since and shes been great!

Those of you with vax's does the carpet get really wet and how long does it take to dry at this time of year?

we use a rubber broom to pick up the worst of the hay , then use the hoover. a RUSSELL HOBS CYCLONIC POWER PETS . its only £50!!!
ive just bought a new one as the other one was getting old and loosing suction. it was 2 years old.

We have two Dyson's. One gets used for the bunnies stuff. It's the older one but it's the one with the better hose, so win-win in that regard. The reason we got the new one was cos the old one stopped working but was fine once I and then Dad got at it and unclogged it. It does get clogged where the hose meets the main hoover but I clean it out everytime I use it, I don't use it everyday any more though, I sweep every day as we have lino and just use it every month or so.

Wow thank you everyone :)

Looks like Henrys or Dysons are the most popular.

Henrys being indestructable, Dysons having better suction, the brushbar etc

I had a henry in the past and I have to say it was good, but not amazing. Took a couple of go's to get hamster bedding off the floor. Then there's the henry hound which I then researched and seems really good, if a little hard to get hold of and £190.

So I'm looking at spending £200 on a vaccuum cleaner.. ouch. Think I might wait till student loan comes in.

Those of you with vax's does the carpet get really wet and how long does it take to dry at this time of year?

If I do a whole carpet it will be just dampish after finishing, and is properly dry within 3-4 hours on a warmish day or with the heating on.

They're brill if you get the upholstery tool as it lets you treat where the buns have had an accident without doing the whole carpet.

I :love: my Vax

I had a henry in the past and I have to say it was good, but not amazing. Took a couple of go's to get hamster bedding off the floor. Then there's the henry hound which I then researched and seems really good, if a little hard to get hold of and £190.

The main reason that Henry's suction reduces is if something gets stuck in the tube.

I always keep a long flexible stick (I use a long feather duster) close to hand when my Henry has sucked up too much hay, and unblock it by simply poking the stick down the tube. Simples.

A Henry with full suction will suck up anything, even your carpets if they aren't fixed down properly! :shock:

Wow thank you everyone :)

Looks like Henrys or Dysons are the most popular.

Henrys being indestructable, Dysons having better suction, the brushbar etc

So I'm looking at spending £200 on a vaccuum cleaner.. ouch. Think I might wait till student loan comes in.

If you get the revolving brush bar with the henry it is brill at getting hair etc off carpet ,i even clean shelves in my chin cage with mine :roll:

If you get the revolving brush bar with the henry it is brill at getting hair etc off carpet ,i even clean shelves in my chin cage with mine :roll:

any experience getting hay up with it? would it get stuck in the brush do you think or be even better at picking it up.

Back