• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what sort of vet leaves an answer phone message your bunny did not make it

My thoughts are with you. I lost Bobby in September and it still hurts a lot. Your vets deffinately needs to know. Perhaps it was a new member of staff and if not its a member of staff that needs telling or getting rid of.
P1000536-1.jpg

im so sorry for your loss,:cry:
i cant believe you found out this way! it is totally unaceptable what a totally inconsiderate vet. i agree with what others have said about writting a letter of complaint when you feel stronger. please dont let this ruin the memories you have of your lovely bun. sending you hugs. X

binky free little bun.Xx

im so sorry :cry: that is just awful :shock:

when my guinea pig died after a dental the vet spoke to me personally was very sympathetic, I wasnt charged for the op or for his cremation and he sent me a sympathy card through the post which i feel was lovely.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :cry:

I remember having our dog put to sleep, I just burst in to tears, sobbing, sniffing, snotting - the lot. The poor vet didn't know where to look or what to do tbh - I imagine its a difficult situation for them.

Remember vets train for a very long time and they may not have the best people skills at times but that doesn't mean they may not be an excellent vet. :)

Personally I'd rather a message be left I guess, because whenever I hear news like that I just totally break down (I wouldn't even be able to say good bye, I get that hysterical) so I don't have to worry about someone on the other end of the phone. Also I'd rather know when it happened, rather than some time after. But the problem is that every person is so different, vets can't please them all. Please don't think that because he left you a message he is a bad vetinary surgeon. Two totally different things, and as I say they train for an awful long time to be qualified, so I'm certain he did everything he could for your poor wee bun. So don't feel bad about which vet your bun went to, there is unfortunately, these risks whenever buns go the vets.

I agree that he should of tried the mobile before leaving a message though, seems a bit pointless taking a mob number and not trying it :? Perhaps speak to someone in the surgery or write a letter when you're feeling up to it, to urge them to try all numbers first. Feeling for you and bun :cry:

I am so sorry you lost your bunny but the way you were told is totally unacceptable

Please write a letter of complaint

i agree, im soo sorry about your bunny :cry:

it would o been best of the vet to leave a message saying could you please contact us as soon as you get in

Thanks everyone. I received a sympathy card off them today.

I have to make the private cremation arrangements today, I just couldn't face it last week.

I dont have the energy to complain yet. It was the actual vet who left the message. I don't think he meant to upset me as he said he would call back, but really think it would have been better to say can you phone us back.

Back