• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what sort of bun would suit Al

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
Hi all i have a 3 yr old male netherland dwarf i would love to get hima friend but what would be the best for him doe or buck Allen is bieng nuetered in 2 weeks time so how should i go about it and is it easy to bond 2 buns Allan is quite teritorial but this will change i have been told when he is done , and how long does it take after the op for him to settle down and if i do get him a female would she be better neutered x

Hi all i have a 3 yr old male netherland dwarf i would love to get hima friend but what would be the best for him doe or buck Allen is bieng nuetered in 2 weeks time so how should i go about it and is it easy to bond 2 buns Allan is quite teritorial but this will change i have been told when he is done , and how long does it take after the op for him to settle down and if i do get him a female would she be better neutered x

Hi and welcome :wave:

I would suggest that you get Al a little wifey-bun to look after him! Roughly the same age and size would be good!

I would say have a look on Rabbit Rehome for a rescue bun who you can adopt. Most rescues offer a dating service, where they take Al for a week or so and bond him with the girl of yours and his dreams :)

We did it with our second bun Badger and it worked brilliantly. He was a rescue and had been poorly treated, he is still a little timid, but he is a wonderful boy and it is a brilliant feeling knowing that we have offered him a safe, comfortable and loving forever home :love:

Whereabouts are you?

i would wait a few weeks for hormones to settles from his op first, a rescue is a good place to start a lot already have there animals neutered before they go to a new home and often vaxed to, so its worth find one in your area and they can possiable do the bonding for you too, possiably even match make :D

your bun is still quite young age isnt really a problem, ive got a 6 yr old lad with 3 yr old lassy, I only really suggest the age comes into it when you have an old bun say 8 yrs old and you want a partner for him, so you can have baby, to say 5 /6 yrs with your one,

As I say a rescue is good you can arrange a visit have a chat, get to fuss lots of buns that need homes,:D and go from there

Yes, and it is sooo much easier! Bonding can be a really tricky experience and I wouldn't suggest you give it a go! The thing is as well, if the buns just don't get on, at least you haven't brought the second bun home and fallen in love :roll:

We were prepared for Biscuit to have a couple of boyfriends before she settled down, but she is head over heels with the first one thankfully. :)

When is the op? Are you nervous?! I was petrified before I got my girly done!

I think they recommend 4-6 weeks after his snip before bonding starts as there may still be some hormones and other things in his system :shock::lol:

he is going to have it in 2 weeks time when i am paid yes i am worried he has bonded with us so well he has been with us for 3 months now i am worried incase i upet the apple cart with the operation and bringing another bun in the house as i dont want him to change his loving temprement with us x

he is going to have it in 2 weeks time when i am paid yes i am worried he has bonded with us so well he has been with us for 3 months now i am worried incase i upet the apple cart with the operation and bringing another bun in the house as i dont want him to change his loving temprement with us x

Yes, I was exactly the same as we had had Bisc for about 9 months.

Biscuit is a real cheeky and naughty bun and very affectionate. I was worried it would 'calm her down' and I desperately didn't want that! She didn't change a tiny bit and most buns don't change in many ways, it is just a doorway to getting Al married off!

I was a little worried about getting a second bun too, as I thought we would lose our special relationship, but absolutely not! It's just lovely to know that she has a friend for when I am not around :) (plus I got to have two bunnies ;))

nahhhh he wont, i got big's done at the age of 5, and hes still a fruit loop, they get the hump for a lil bit but boys are easier to bribe with food :lol:

Back