• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the Candle Ceremony?

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Dear All,

Tamsin has contacted me to organise and run a monthly 'Candle Ceremony' for the rabbits that have sadly passed onto Rainbow Bridge that month.

This is how it will work:

* Once a month a date and time will be chosen by me to hold the Candle ceremony. A different day of the week will be chosen each month so that people with commitments on certain days can still take part.

* All memebers that want to take part can light a candle for the buns that have passed.

* I will each month make a list of the buns that have passed on and include a sentance about the bun and how they passed on in my post so that we can remember them when we light our candles. I will take this info from the posts made in Rainbow Bridge.

* I will take the date that the bun had passed from the rabbit owners post in Rainbow Bridge. If the date is not given that the bun had passed, I will take the date from when the post was made.

* To keep things organised and simple for the ceremony, I am only going to include the buns that have passed that month in my post for the ceremony.

* You will be able to find the time and date of that months ceremony in the Rainbow Bridge section.

This will be nice as people who have lost buns will know that people all over the country at the same time, will be lighting a candle to support each other.

Any questions please pm me.

By the way, More info on the date and time for the first ceremony will follow soon in the RB section.

I forgot which web site I've visited, but they have a way to post an electronic lighted candle on the page, it's very meaningful.

That is a fantastic idea!! I know some don't like to visit Rainbow Bridge because it is upsetting for them and this would be a great way of showing that they care so much!!

Details of the first ceremony is in RB.

If I have missed anyone or got any details wrong, please, please, please PM me!

That is a lovely idea.
I have been taking part in candle ceremonys at www.petloss.com and I find them completely lovely. It will be nice to be a part of one with people (and bunnies) I know and love!

So what will be happening during the actual ceremony Laura?

xxx

Charliesangel said:
That is a lovely idea.
I have been taking part in candle ceremonys at www.petloss.com and I find them completely lovely. It will be nice to be a part of one with people (and bunnies) I know and love!

So what will be happening during the actual ceremony Laura?

xxx
Hiya Leah :wave:

Well, I basically just set the time and date so we are all doing the same thing at the same time (well, we will be in the UK, sorry hun, I hope you will still take part even if its at a different time there) and then leave people to light candles and do whatever they feel most suits them really.

Back