• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the best outdoor housing?

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
A bit vague :lol:

If space/money wasn't an issue, what is the best outdoor house to get? :)

There are so many options, I want to try and get the best thing straight away, rather than have to replace it.

I realise it's a matter of opinion, so it would be great if anyone has tried many things and has a favourite.

Thank you! x

I've had hutches, but gone on to a shed/aviary combo. The shed/aviary is much better, I can go and sit with the bunnies inside or out, and cleaning out is much better. Also they have loads more room and height for periscoping and binkying inside or outside :thumb:

I've had hutches, but gone on to a shed/aviary combo. The shed/aviary is much better, I can go and sit with the bunnies inside or out, and cleaning out is much better. Also they have loads more room and height for periscoping and binkying inside or outside :thumb:

Do aviaries come with a roof? (where can you get them from?) If not, would a dog kennel be better?
Just thinking...
:)

Do aviaries come with a roof? (where can you get them from?) If not, would a dog kennel be better?
Just thinking...

My OH built mine :love: so there's no roof on it, only mesh. I have a 6x4 shed and a 17ftx10ft aviary. I'm not sure if bought aviaries normally have a roof, but kennels do, but the sizes vary a lot. It would be better with a roof but it would be expensive to roof it.

My OH built mine :love: so there's no roof on it, only mesh. I have a 6x4 shed and a 17ftx10ft aviary. I'm not sure if bought aviaries normally have a roof, but kennels do, but the sizes vary a lot. It would be better with a roof but it would be expensive to roof it.

Ok I'll have a look at prices :)
Thanks x

We're In the process of getting an outdoor set up to move our house bunnies outside next spring/Summer.
We're going for a custom dog kennel.
4x12 foot, 6 foot high, lighting and heating with lots of enrichment toys :)
We decided on this as we don't have the hugest of gardens and it looks neat and tidy.

I have a 16ft x 4ft Dog kennel and run which is amazing! I've only had it for a while but love it :love:
It's basically the same as a shed/aviary combo but in my opinion it's much better!
It just feels more secure and strong as it's all 'combined' < (Together)
If you get what I mean :p
So I would always go with a dog kennel and run or a shed/aviary combo!
Love the away I can go and sit with the buns, Put whatever I want inside and not worry about space/height, and I love watching the buns periscoping, binkying, and staying safe/dry!
It's also very easy to clean and looks amazing ~ So neat and tidy!
Except for the fact that bunnies and bunnies and destroy everything :p
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?430537-16ft-by-4ft-dog-kennel-and-run-is-here
For ideas ~ My dog kennel and run :love: ^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
I have a 16ft x 4ft Dog kennel and run which is amazing! I've only had it for a while but love it :love:
It's basically the same as a shed/aviary combo but in my opinion it's much better!
It just feels more secure and strong as it's all 'combined' < (Together)
If you get what I mean :p
So I would always go with a dog kennel and run or a shed/aviary combo!
Love the away I can go and sit with the buns, Put whatever I want inside and not worry about space/height, and I love watching the buns periscoping, binkying, and staying safe/dry!

We're In the process of getting an outdoor set up to move our house bunnies outside next spring/Summer.
We're going for a custom dog kennel.
4x12 foot, 6 foot high, lighting and heating with lots of enrichment toys :)
We decided on this as we don't have the hugest of gardens and it looks neat and tidy.

I do quite like the look of dog kennels, so its good to know it's bunny approved!

If you don't mind me asking, how much are/were your kennels? :)
Thanks x

Rabbitopia

Hello,

As a massive rabbit fan I developed Rabbitopia from years of watching my rabbits and subsequently designing and improving what they liked. I was persuaded to put a version into production by the founder of a rescue centre I've supported so that people finally had a rabbit only alternative to a hutch and run. I called it Rabbitopia and have been overwhelmed with the positive response. I'm nuts about rabbits, have many rescue rabbits of my own and am pleased to be able to provide a proper accomodation system for them:

http://dunsterhouse.co.uk/rabbitopia

Hopefully this helps, if it's not what you're looking for though hopefully it gives you advice on what a rabbit needs as I've spent years accumulating information from independent sources which you can use to make your own. You can learn about fox guarding, floor mesh, roof mesh, mesh type, insulation, pressure treated timber to save having to keep treating it and enrichment etc

Back