• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What housing is best for an indoor rabbit?

Basil doesn't mind a plastic bottom tray, but we find it a bit skiddy for him, especially when he gets really excited. You could perhaps cover it with something less slippery, maybe and old blanket or piece of carpet. Are you going to litter train him, because that will make life so much easier for you? These are the area sizes Basil can use, dog crate approx 120cm x 60cm x 60cm, Conservatory 240cm x240cm, Garden Shed/Playhouse 180cm x 120cm, Garden run 120cm x 120cm but we are thinking of extending this at some point with some of the 'Runaround' equipment. You can view this site at http://www.runaround.co.uk/runaround/Home.html
I think it looks great!:)

I've put a blanket down for him just in case, he seems to find it quite comfy :D I am litter training him, started already! I thought that'd make it easier for when I start properly letting him run around, so he doesn't end up going all over my room.

Thanks for all the help everybody, I think I've got him a nice set up for now, until I can extend it fully.

aww we need piccies - my buns are all fine with stairs - so as long as they are carpeted the buns are fine going up and down. My charlie bun will spend all day running up and down :roll::lol: it gives them extra exercise too!

Sounds like he is going to have a very lovely home x

Sorry for the veryyy late reply, finally got a picture! I'm finally happy with his run/cage. :) The floor of the cage is a plastic base and inside the cardboard box is his blanket, and the floor of the run is a non-slip plastic mat.

Run1.png

We've had to put cardboard around the edges of it for now because at the minute he's small enough to squeeze through and escape. Had a bit of a scare earlier because he tried to do it today but his back end wouldn't fit through, I thought he was stuck! So maybe after another week or so he'll have stopped trying to do that and realised he's getting a bit too big!

Does this look ok? I'm constantly worrying it's not big enough or I've done something wrong aha. You can see him in the picture in the bottom left corner of the cage by his drinking bottle :D
He seems happy though, not learnt to use his tray properly just yet but he'll play hide and seek ahah.

Oh and about the stairs - he doesn't bother :lol: If you leave my bedroom door open he just looks at the stairs and doesn't try to go down them, won't climb up stairs either so I think we're safe there.

Last edited:
Back