• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What herbs are safe?

K1nS

Warren Scout
I couldn't seem to find a thread about this, sorry if its just staring me straight in the face :lol:

I want to give Smudge a more veried diet so need a few tips on what she can and can't eat. At the moment she loves cabbage and carrots, if there certain herbs that they enjoy that are easy to pick up from the shops?

Thanks in advance :love:

Hi :wave:

My bunnies enjoy Coriander, Parsley, Mint (all bought in large bunches from a big local ASDA, about 60p each) I have Lemon Balm in the garden (its very easy to grow) Sage and Thyme which they like too. Sage is a pretty strong flavour so is good for disguising medicine ;)

I know they CAN'T have Bay Leaves.

Hi, mine are the same as above. Parsley is a particular favourite ;) Try and get carrots with the tops still on aswell as they're great for buns and mine adore them
xxx

Jims loves Parsley, Basil and Mint.
I know they are not supposed to have CHIVES as they are related to the onion family which is dangerous.

Hi :wave:

My bunnies enjoy Coriander, Parsley, Mint (all bought in large bunches from a big local ASDA, about 60p each) I have Lemon Balm in the garden (its very easy to grow) Sage and Thyme which they like too. Sage is a pretty strong flavour so is good for disguising medicine ;)

I know they CAN'T have Bay Leaves.

How come they can't have Bayleaves? Louie loves them.

In my rabbit nutrition book it says they can have:
Mint, Dill, Wheat, Camomile, Corriander, Parsley, Spinach, Barley, Lavender, Basil, Tarragon, Peppermint and Sage.
I grow all theese from seed so they have a fresh crop through the year.Hope this is of some help.:D

My buns always get plenty of veg every day, and I've recently started introducing all the herby things, which they now seem to be favouring over the veg... Is it bad for them to have less veg than herbs, or does it not matter because its all greenery?!

xxx

Back