• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you put in your litter tray?

Megazorb, with hay in one corner. I dont use hay all over so then I can spot-clean daily all the wet stuff and droppings, then fully clean every few days.

In the past I've used :
newspaper under other litter but it takes longer to line the trays, and then he dug it up and ate it :roll: newspaper on its own under hay wasnt absorbant enough and again it got eaten.

Shavings, STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN and also bad for their health.

Woodpellets, very absorbant but smelly and he got wet feet. edit - wet feet if I didnt use hay.

Carefresh, not as absorbant as megazorb and smells a bit more, also WAY more expensive.

Just aubiose...then some hay in the corner...which usually gets spread about...I change every other day depending on the lardge & small litter tray used...the aubiose keeps their feet very dry...only thing it can be messy if kicked out.....like the hay!:roll::)

I get the big 30L bag of wood pellet cat litter from Pets at Home (£9 odd), and top with Hay. I change it every other day, but am constantly rolling the poos into my dustpan to keep them out of there at least :bunny:

It depends on the mood of a certain bunny :)

Right now, its a underbed storage box, layered with newspaper, with a corner litter tray in one side filled with megazorb, then the rest full of hay.

Occasionally, an underbed storage box, lined with newspaper/megazorb/hay.

Ocassionally, just the floor :)

Back