• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do petshops do???

I know its sooooo annoying.... The rabbits i seen had gunk coming out of there eyes and i thought why would anyone even but an animal that looks that ill and then if they dont gt bought what will happen..... grrrr the women was really rude when i pointed it out and they had a rabbit and guinea pig in together i was like ooooo dont gt me started lol:lol::censored:

What we do if an animal is ill is if someone cant take them home then they will be put in a large cage in our staff room and kept thereuntill they are better!

But i never heard of acorn keeping Gpigs and bunnies together! I will have to ask 2morow!!!!!

What we do if an animal is ill is if someone cant take them home then they will be put in a large cage in our staff room and kept thereuntill they are better!

But i never heard of acorn keeping Gpigs and bunnies together! I will have to ask 2morow!!!!!

yeah that sounds like the right thing to be done! glad ure shop is better!:D

Thats good... theres a really nice lady who works at our P@H and im sure she'd go in to do this too :) Some of the young ones who work there wouldnt think twice tho im sure :?:roll:

Thats awful feeding them for 2 days at Acorn :? Surely they'd pig out and eat it all then have none the following day, and what about if they get ill :cry: Poor things.

At PAH the store alarm systems are monitored and any store not opening to see to the animals on both days, will be investigated and the negligent people would face a misconduct disciplinary (and rightly so)

I wouldn't be able to live with myself leaving the animals for 2 days without checking them if that's how we did it. Some of the smaller pet stores in the city I work, leave the animals alone from Saturday evening till Monday morning week in and week out.

What happens if a water bottle gets an air bubble or falls off, or an animal is taken ill? Horrible thought.

Its only one day they are left! :?
They get fed xmas eve (double the amount of food and hay and extra water bottle)
left xmas day and fed and watered boxing day and then we open again the folloeing day!

We dont normally have many animals in over xmas, its normally just hamsters!!!

At PAH the store alarm systems are monitored and any store not opening to see to the animals on both days, will be investigated and the negligent people would face a misconduct disciplinary (and rightly so)

I wouldn't be able to live with myself leaving the animals for 2 days without checking them if that's how we did it. Some of the smaller pet stores in the city I work, leave the animals alone from Saturday evening till Monday morning week in and week out.

What happens if a water bottle gets an air bubble or falls off, or an animal is taken ill? Horrible thought.

Thats really good, very impressive :) Its the way it should be in all pet shops/stores xXx

Back