• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do people think

I've just watched it; I thought it was clearly biased, but was very interesting - if just for the fact that it highlighted how important it is to find a vet whose clinical judgement you trust...not so much for the 'cost' issue but because there was such a variety of opinions on appropriate treatment. I don't think the programme bottomed out who was 'right' in any of those cases.

I think how I feel about the clinical judgement on the bunny 'needing the dental' really depends on exactly what the examining vet said - the implication was that the vet said that he had horrible spurs and needed urgent dental treatment. Did he really say that? Or did he say that anorexia is often the result of dental problems so it's best that she's put under obs and the teeth looked at tomorrow?

I also wasn't too keen on the vet being used to give the 'fair opinion' all the way through :oops: I didn't like the way he handled the bunny...I didn't necessarily agree with his assertion that it's not appropriate to give an elderly cat a dental, especially as my formal 18.5 yr old cat had a dental and it made so much difference I wish I'd had it done ages before ...or that he would try less invasive treatments than an injection for a dog off it's food....Less invasive to try :? Is an injection really that invasive? Personally I'd rather have a simple painkiller/antibiotic tried rather than sent home to try a different food. You could surely end up with things a lot worse if you 'do nothing' early on :?

I have just watched it.:shock::shock: To be honest what really shocked me more was the vet that has been giving his job back after causing suffering to animals to make money and I am sorry but that woman vet nurse was very brave to come on and admit that she let it happen! I feel she is just as bad for allowing it to happen she should have said something asa its disgusting!
I complained about the nasty vet who I saw and was told he is very good and would never say anything like that! So they more less called me a liar. Even though I know the nurses there and they have all said to the boss that he is rubbish and the boss says "who else can I get though?"
If it wasn't for us pet owners they would not have a job at all!!!

Back